Corvid Bashing Again

It's been a hectic week Monday grand children, fun but tiring. Tuesday, help run a charity event for underprivalidged children, catering for thirty plus, buying and preparing food.Wednesday, clean wifes posh car inside and out, being used at a wedding on Saturday, thats after house sitting for daughter waiting for internet provider to arrive. Thursday deliver 400 birds to dealer in the morning. Bunny_Blaster heads up from his farmer nine fields of linseed thousands of pigeon. Meet up at midday drive to fields nothing, BB had seen them on the day before at 18.00 150+ so we set up on different fields and waited. Packed up at 18.00 I had ten BB had twenty.( dont set up with out birds returning) Friday grand children again. Also received a call from dealer requesting more birds.Saturday, helped with the horse as I do every day and went back to the farm I shot last week as the farmer text to say birds still a problem.As I drove down the lane to the farm I could see a murmuration of corvids above the buildings so set up between two skips as before called and they started to come back. It was now 10.00 and the majority of the birds were Jackdaws. I put out ten shot birds and brought the rest in. I'd agreed to stop at 15.00 as we had the wedding to attend and when I collected up I had exactly eighty birds.

We attended the weddding evening party and met up with my son and girlfriend and they kept buying me glasse of Stowford Press Cider which went down very well. The wife drove me home at 01.30 this morning. We eventually woke at 08.30 and went to feed the horse on our return I loaded the Disco with 350 frozen and the thirty fresh Pigeon for the dealer. As we started out they decided to close three junctions on the motorway so we had to use the " Roman Roads"

Saying that , I did enjoy the corvid bash and had some good high birds which boomed when they hit the empty skips on the way down.

100_3165.jpg

80 Corvids

43 minutes ago, motty said:

A great read, as always.

Did you pick the birds out of the empty skips for the picture?

The boom as they landed in there, would appeal to me, too.

No, I only picked the birds off the surounding ground. If I fell into the skips and injured myself it would be difficult to get out.