Few corvids and one woody

markyboy07

IMG_2193.jpg

Went out with my brother a few weeks ago at the farmers.  request. He'd told us the week before that the crows would be on a particular field the next week plucking up the fresh shoots. Arrived about 10:30 to find around 100 crows down on said field. We had a mooch about the other fields first and found a good number of crows and woodies down right next to some farm buildings. We had shot there the week before and had some success.  Plus we could park 10 feet from where we would shoot. We set up and after an hour it become apparent that the birds we'd walked off weren't coming back. So we packed  up and headed for the original field. We had a steady stream of birds coming in for most of the afternoon, my brother is fairly new to shooting and this is only his 3rd trip out. This resulted in a lot of shots, a lot of misses and a lot of Micky taking from me. To be honest I wasn't much better and we should easily have shot twice what we did. We packed up at about 4:00 with 21 mixed black and one woodie. 

******! the photo hasn't gone in, this is my first post in this section??? I'll have another try

Edited by markyboy07