trying something different

hodge911

hi all

decided to try something different and have gone and bought a second hand set up of loads of fishing gear for course / float fishing .

before my spinal op I used to do a lot of boat fishing but after the op didn't go 100% ive had to give it up and after toying with the idea of course fishing I have managed to get myself a complete set up of a really nice guy who has had to pack in for health reasons .

he reckons all I need to go fishing is my rod licence and somewhere to go its all decent gear [ I think] abu Garcia rod & reel Mitchell reels shimano rod & reel x2

and loads of tackle bits which I sort of understand but theres a few floats like the one in picture that I,ve got no idea on how to use so can anyone shed some light

sorry for my thickness but I,m a complete novice to this type  of fishing

IMG_20180528_132042.jpg

Edited by hodge911

17 hours ago, hodge911 said:

he reckons all I need to go fishing is my rod licence and somewhere to go its all decent gear

you do need a rod license, then it depends on the water your fishing, might be a day ticket or free stretch, the better waters are members only like anything else, enjoy.

A bit of a trek but if you get yourself over to Broom Fisheries at Newbie I am happy to give you some guidance on general course fishing. From end of June onwards but midweek only so it is not too busy. It is a great fishery, nice and chilled on the smaller lakes, look it up on tinternet. By the way no rod license needed in Scotland.