Tommy Robinson

Rewulf

To be honest I don't know enough of this case to pass comment, but I find the way this country is going alarming, freedom if speech has been well and truly killed, we're not even close to it anymore, protections for certain groups and minorities which is in reality just a form of legalised discrimination, hundreds of laws passed killing off freedom and fun for the masses due to the possibility of offending people and overcrowding, I'm genuinely considering emigrating at some point, probably in the next decade.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Nial said:

I have read that because of the number of people who are accused in the grooming trials they have had to split that into 

several different trials. These are obviously very closely linked, and reporting on any of them has been banned until they 

are all finished so the defendents can't claim they didn't get a fair trial

Robinson pitched up and started 'reporting' on one of the trials, while it was on-going, and so was lifted.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but it sounds plausible, and if they report his arrest it'll draw attention to the grooming trials, which 

was the whole problem in the first place. ?

Thats my reading of this. Below is the live (at the time) stream that he was doing at the time of his arrest, the upper link is the judge's summing up of his contempt case last year. 

If you read the summing up and then watch the vid below, you'll hear him incriminating himself by referring to the defendants as paedophiles, because the court hasn't delivered it's verdict at this point, that he is broadcasting live to 10,000 followers (his assertion in the vid), the use of the word "paedophile" in relation to the defendants is in contempt of court, as the judge makes clear when he suspended his sentence last year. Seems pretty cut and dried to me....    

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

I think that the imprisonment of Tommy Robinson has little to do with breaching a court order. This is but a convenient opportunity to silence him. It has everything to do with the suppression of his and any other voice that dares speak out about the failings of mass imigration and multiculturalism. The political establishment will not tolerate opposition to their globalist agenda, be it through the media, the ballot box or indeed by the voice of the man (or woman) in the street as defined nowadays as hate crime.

The man is a muppet, why would you jeopardise a court case by filming people involved in the trial? Especially as it is his second contempt of court and he was warned the first time that he might end up in jail if he commited further offences, which he di and so he is now in jail...go figure!

It also seems to be untrue that he was not represented, I don`t know where people got their (dis) information but probably from the EDL etc

19 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Can't you see the glaring difference between Tommy Robinson and Mark Duggan?

That was kind of my point. What is good for the goose, is definitely not good for the gander.

Note to self, sarcasm doesn't work unless spoken.:good:

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

It also seems to be untrue that he was not represented

Very true, he was appointed a duty solicitor, but you can bet anything you like, that he asked for his own solicitor but was denied.

20 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

I think that the imprisonment of Tommy Robinson has little to do with breaching a court order. This is but a convenient opportunity to silence him. It has everything to do with the suppression of his and any other voice that dares speak out about the failings of mass imigration and multiculturalism. The political establishment will not tolerate opposition to their globalist agenda, be it through the media, the ballot box or indeed by the voice of the man (or woman) in the street as defined nowadays as hate crime.

Agree, they've shot themselves in the foot I think, this is just going to swell his supporters...476k & rising sharply.

13 minutes ago, Uilleachan said:

Thats my reading of this. Below is the live (at the time) stream that he was doing at the time of his arrest, the upper link is the judge's summing up of his contempt case last year. 

If you read the summing up and then watch the vid below, you'll hear him incriminating himself by referring to the defendants as paedophiles, because the court hasn't delivered it's verdict at this point, that he is broadcasting live to 10,000 followers (his assertion in the vid), the use of the word "paedophile" in relation to the defendants is in contempt of court, as the judge makes clear when he suspended his sentence last year. Seems pretty cut and dried to me....    

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

Thank you for that Uilleachan, it does put it into perspective that he was warned quite strongly about filming in and around courts, and indeed referring to defendants as if they had already been sentenced.
It still seems strange how others seem to get away with doing similar things, paparazzi sticking cameras into windows, press interviews of people walking up court steps, in fact protests outside courthouses with placards denouncing the defendants as this or unproven that.

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

The man is a muppet, why would you jeopardise a court case by filming people involved in the trial? Especially as it is his second contempt of court and he was warned the first time that he might end up in jail if he commited further offences, which he di and so he is now in jail...go figure!

It also seems to be untrue that he was not represented, I don`t know where people got their (dis) information but probably from the EDL etc

He is a muppet, for ignoring the previous warning, but did he really jeopardise the case? Im sure the jurors havnt been kept in a dark hole during the course of the trial.
As for assumptions about council, no one knew what had transpired, so people will guess, human nature ?

Hes been made an example of, thats the long and the short of it, theres plenty of groomers and sex attackers get lesser sentences, go figure !

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thank you for that Uilleachan, it does put it into perspective that he was warned quite strongly about filming in and around courts, and indeed referring to defendants as if they had already been sentenced.
It still seems strange how others seem to get away with doing similar things, paparazzi sticking cameras into windows, press interviews of people walking up court steps, in fact protests outside courthouses with placards denouncing the defendants as this or unproven that.

He is a muppet, for ignoring the previous warning, but did he really jeopardise the case? Im sure the jurors havnt been kept in a dark hole during the course of the trial.
As for assumptions about council, no one knew what had transpired, so people will guess, human nature ?

Hes been made an example of, thats the long and the short of it, theres plenty of groomers and sex attackers get lesser sentences, go figure !

I read an article about it from a Canadian online news site that Tommy used to work for regarding his council. I'll see if I can find a link

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

To be honest I don't know enough of this case to pass comment, but I find the way this country is going alarming, freedom if speech has been well and truly killed, we're not even close to it anymore, protections for certain groups and minorities which is in reality just a form of legalised discrimination, hundreds of laws passed killing off freedom and fun for the masses due to the possibility of offending people and overcrowding, I'm genuinely considering emigrating at some point, probably in the next decade.

+1

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

That was part of the problem, because of the gagging order, people couldn't get the information.

3 minutes ago, AVB said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-44287640

so it turns out nothing out of the ordinary. 

No ‘D’ notice. 

Just the bloke being a muppet and ignoring previous warnings hence being jailed for contempt of court. 

No "D" notice, but there was a "gagging order"  which i think is out of the ordinary. I would like to know why the judge thought or felt that a ban on reporting his sentence was appropriate?

"A ban on reporting his 13-month sentence at the same court was lifted after being challenged by the media."

9 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

No "D" notice, but there was a "gagging order"  which i think is out of the ordinary. I would like to know why the judge thought or felt that a ban on reporting his sentence was appropriate?

"A ban on reporting his 13-month sentence at the same court was lifted after being challenged by the media."

Read the article 

Judge Geoffrey Marson QC initially imposed restrictions for fear that reporting his arrest would prejudice an ongoing trial.”

fuss over nothing and social media whipping people into a frenzy! 

The authorities have just made him a martyr, added to his following and got everyone talking about him.

Provided the jurors don’t access social media (which they are expressly told not to) and provided none of the jurors are current or past members of EDL (something which would have precluded them from sitting on this trial), then only but a handful of people would have seen his broadcast and it would have blown over on the same day.

I think he’s bright enough to have seen all this coming and work out a media coup for himself; after all he could have waited for the verdict and then stood outside court and done his filming and that would have been hunky dorey.

47 minutes ago, AVB said:

Read the article 

Judge Geoffrey Marson QC initially imposed restrictions for fear that reporting his arrest would prejudice an ongoing trial.”

fuss over nothing and social media whipping people into a frenzy! 

I did read the article thanks. Seeing as you did as well, can you tell me how the judge thought or felt that a ban on reporting his sentence would prejudice an ongoing trial? I presume it is referring to the ongoing rape/grooming case and not one that Tommy Robinson is involved in?

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Good luck with that! Where would you think of emigrating to?  about five years ago I had a serious look at emigrating,  its way harder than you think. Unless you want to move to Spain and live in a poorly built villa on land that you have no way of knowing whether the vendor had the clear title on.

Then you start to think UK is not too bad but so soft compared to the rest

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Good luck with that! Where would you think of emigrating to?  about five years ago I had a serious look at emigrating,  its way harder than you think. Unless you want to move to Spain and live in a poorly built villa on land that you have no way of knowing whether the vendor had the clear title on.

Then you start to think UK is not too bad but so soft compared to the rest

Loads of options, Newzeland, Canada, even Cyprus? I haven't gone as far as picking somewhere but I should easily meet any criteria and I really don't like the direction this country is going in, it doesn't feel free to me anymore, too many petty rules, not enough freedom or space to enjoy myself, coupled with a governent that ignores the people's will and has forced us to accept uncontrolled migration and what I beleive is the start of the decimation of the traditional culture of UK citizens, very sad really.

13 hours ago, silver pigeon69 said:

That was part of the problem, because of the gagging order, people couldn't get the information.

It seems they must have been making it up, which would help his martyrdom cause if Mungler is correct.

THIS blog seems to get to the root of it, long read but worth it

A fairly clear explanation of the legal aspects of the situation can be found here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

EDIT: I just realised, the link is the same as that in the post above.

Conspiracy theorists will, of course, continue to seek other explanations that support their narrative.

It strikes me that Robinson may have wanted the publicity that his arrest/imprisonment would bring.

Edited by Bangbangman