Bouncer poles

I use the metal rods from the large umbrellas ( pub garden type) plenty around which are beyond repair and there glad for you to take them away,1 umbrella will give you 8-10 poles then I just screw the wing spreaders off my magnet onto the rod,good length to, so it gives a nice movement/bounce.

Edited by Bluebarrels

HIMAG0957_1.jpg.696fb947671e2f561cd867926808bc1e.jpg

Here you go mate a quick photo,the old umbrella rods even come with a hinged arm you can use for stability,adjust height,and stop the bouncer from spinning your decoy upsidedown,much cheaper than paying £15 Per bouncer.BB

But you need something the size of a pub garden/old fishing brolly to get the good lengths of rod?

Edited by Bluebarrels

2 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

HIMAG0957_1.jpg.696fb947671e2f561cd867926808bc1e.jpg

Here you go mate a quick photo,the old umbrella rods even come with a hinged arm you can use for stability,adjust height,and stop the bouncer from spinning your decoy upsidedown,much cheaper than paying £15 Per bouncer.BB

Looks good most people ive spoke to say there's end up upside down so don't bother with them 

4 hours ago, Lee456 said:

Looks good most people ive spoke to say there's end up upside down so don't bother with them 

With descent wing spreaders usually no problem up to medium winds and stronger , but heavy winds I usually take down as I think they can look too unrealistic and with the possibility of problems.

44 minutes ago, deny essex said:

With descent wing spreaders usually no problem up to medium winds and stronger , but heavy winds I usually take down as I think they can look too unrealistic and with the possibility of problems.

That's what happened wind was a bit strong I taped up the mid section still ended up sideways on with the hyper flap will try that 

You could try a peg in the ground underneath the decoy and with line secured near the decoy using some 20/ 30 kg sea fishing line to assist stabilization, had an early pinewood one I think it was many years ago that used that system. also remember the line was also used on calm days stretched back to the hide and pulled now and the to make the floater move.

Edited by deny essex

12 minutes ago, deny essex said:

You could try a peg in the ground underneath the decoy and with line secured near the decoy using some 20/ 30 kg sea fishing line to assist stabilization, had an early pinewood one I think it was many years ago that used that system. also remember the line was also used on calm days stretched back to the hide and pulled now and the to make the floater move.

Will give it a go relatively new to pigeon shooting with a shotgun theres a lot of tackle about easy to spend a fortune think bouncers finish the pattern off just some teething issues thanks