RSPB Fail

chrisjpainter

46 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Did anyone see Springwatch with the woodpecker killing the treecreeper chick? I wonder how life in the raw went down with the idiots in the RSPB. 

Will there soon be calls to convert woodpeckers to a vegetarian diet?

Tonight it showed sheep and fallow eating lapwing and ground nesting bird eggs. But only the sheep seemed be be blamed due to the volume we farm... They also said muntjac do also eat eggs. 

19 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Tonight it showed sheep and fallow eating lapwing and ground nesting bird eggs. But only the sheep seemed be be blamed due to the volume we farm... They also said muntjac do also eat eggs. 

Not to mention, stoats, weasels, foxes, mink crows, magpies etc. plus when the young hatch every bird of prey including the controversial red kite that is (allegedly) destroying field fare birds like finches etc at an alarming rate.

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

I've seen footage of a muntjac eating a nightjar chick, I can't for the life of me work out where from though. Google was no help. 

Countryfail just showed an item on domestic moggys and actually admitted 11 million cats in Britain kill over 1 million birds a year .About time cattus nutterus admitted the damage their little darlings are doing in your garden .

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Not to mention, stoats, weasels, foxes, mink crows, magpies etc. plus when the young hatch every bird of prey including the controversial red kite that is (allegedly) destroying field fare birds like finches etc at an alarming rate.

Funnily enough none of the above got mentioned, it was sheep, deer and a cock pheasant shown.. I was hopping channels and they were talking of the lapwings nesting etc.

3 hours ago, clakk said:

Countryfail just showed an item on domestic moggys and actually admitted 11 million cats in Britain kill over 1 million birds a year .About time cattus nutterus admitted the damage their little darlings are doing in your garden .

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/animal-deterrents/cats-and-garden-birds/are-cats-causing-bird-declines/

They put themselves up as 'conservationists' and 'experts' they're neither! They have bought, bullied and bluffed their way into being the go to organisation for the media, when it comes to all things avian!.......well meaning? Maybe......amateurs when it comes to real consevation? Definitely......dangerous political extremists with an anti shooting agenda? You decide!

They are so wrapped up in anti shooting political lobbying, increasing their land holdings and making money..........as I T Botham said "they forgot about the birds"

23 hours ago, Vince Green said:

don't forget badgers on all ground nesting birds  and also in decline bumble bees no end of bumble bee nest dug out in hedge bottoms by badgers not to mention TB everything needs balance

10 hours ago, clakk said:

There u go they were a few million short on what they admitted on TV ,makes the it,s modern farming practice load of testicles they spout a bare faced lie atb

Yep. No possible way to estimate the numbers but as is usual, make it up biased towards the nimber that suits the agenda.

On 30/05/2018 at 15:21, panoma1 said:

They put themselves up as 'conservationists' and 'experts' they're neither! They have bought, bullied and bluffed their way into being the go to organisation for the media, when it comes to all things avian!.......well meaning? Maybe......amateurs when it comes to real consevation? Definitely......dangerous political extremists with an anti shooting agenda? You decide!

They are so wrapped up in anti shooting political lobbying, increasing their land holdings and making money..........as I T Botham said "they forgot about the birds"

Well said!

(Hi! Haven't seen you for a while...in the good old CSB0 days with Graham!)

A RSPB activist trapped me in B&Q Kidderminster. He started off by saying Britain had a 56 million shortage of starlings, etc.

I will refrain from stating my response; he was not pleased.