Dead Bats

mungolee

I've now found 7 small bats dead in my garden now, any ideas on what i should do or is there anyone i can report this too. There are no visual signs of damage to them , they are appearing more frequently and i think they are pipistrelle bats.

thanks

ml

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Ring Bat Conservation (0345 1300228  open  9am to 4pm), they should have local details.  Also back up, wear gloves and put in a plastic bag/freezer. 

If you put in your freezer. Bag up. Spray outside of bag with dettox or wipe well with bleach solution then add second bag to outside of first bag. Wear rubber gloves for all the operation and bleach outside of gloves afterwards before removal and throw away.

28 minutes ago, mungolee said:

I have already disposed of them into the wooded area in front of my house, if i find anymore i shall do as instructed above. 

Thanks 

ml

Do you live anywhere near a wind farm ? I have heard that the change in air pressure around the turbines kills bats.

I wouldn't say anything, just dispose of the way the have.

I used to be involved with a bat group and some of them are just nutters, bats come 1st before everything.

With the legislation the way it is nowadays i wouldn't want anything to do with bats assoc with my house.

U go to do any building work nowadays the bat inspection could cost more than the work, bloody scandalous.

The terrible thing is i have made a load of bat boxes and quite like seeing them (anything that eats midges is a good thing in my book) but i don't want to encourage them on my ground, trees become protected and if u get them in ur house ur screwed

Thanks for the advice guys , I have spoken to one of my neighbours and they have said that they have always found the odd bat laying dead in there back gardens.

The 4 cottages back on to some old stables and we have a church at the side of us and just recently they have had some restoration work done on the church.

thanks

ml