4x4 options

gizzard

I am changing my little vitara for something a bit bigger but I need a 4x4 with manual selection like the vitara has, have been looking at the rav 4 around the 06 year but don't know if any models of the rav have manual shift or are they constant 4 wheel drive . the other option is a petrol grand vitara around the 07 mark, any other makes of 4x4  which have manual shift that you guys recommend.

regards steve.

X-trail has constant front 2WD, selectable auto 4WD where the rear drives if the front slips, and a selectable lock into 4WD option. What sort of vehicle age are you considering?

EDIT: Just noticed your 06 ish bit. Let me know if you contemplate the X-trail as I can advise on a rust issue on the T30's models (01~07)

Edited by Dave-G

• 2 weeks later...

What did you decide on?

I looked at getting a Rav 4 and the reliably was said to be ****.. My Freelander 2 is in 4x4 all the time, well 60% front wheels 40% back daily and I get 34mpg on 3 mile trips, 45mpg on longer trips very good fuel economy. 

It isn't cheap to keep up together but a nice car and blimey for a SUV it can shift when it wants! 

Edited by Pigeonshooter22