E.A rod licence

davewh100

well it's not very often i get scammed i can tell you I've not fished for four years, some of the old boys i shoot with have a strech of river with trout and grayling in, and keep getting invited to go with them so went on line and paid the £45 didn't think mutch about it till my mate said did you get a rod licence i said yes and carnt believe how mutch they had gone up he says what £30 I said no 45 when I checked it out there's a 3rd party nothing to do with e.a they take your £45 send your details to the e.a and keep £15 in fairness it's my fault for not checking first

23 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

the bloke i spoke to at the e.a said that company pay a lot of money to Google to be at the top of the page when searching said they make a fortune

Yup, this is how it happens. People need to be aware of it, so it's worth spreading the word. Facebook, Twitter, whatever. It's a really mean-spirited thing to make money out of. 

7 hours ago, davewh100 said:

well it's not very often i get scammed i can tell you I've not fished for four years, some of the old boys i shoot with have a strech of river with trout and grayling in, and keep getting invited to go with them so went on line and paid the £45 didn't think mutch about it till my mate said did you get a rod licence i said yes and carnt believe how mutch they had gone up he says what £30 I said no 45 when I checked it out there's a 3rd party nothing to do with e.a they take your £45 send your details to the e.a and keep £15 in fairness it's my fault for not checking first

Oops!! Last time I got one I went to Post office, might well have gone on line next time as p/o isn't there now, bunch of...... Viking king knut.

On 01/06/2018 at 13:40, Newbie to this said:

Google must have changed the search, the .gov website is the first to appear on my google. :good:

And rod licence .co .uk doesn't even appear.

It's now 'www.onlinefishinglicences.co.uk' and they're still charging £45 for the senior.

My google search now looks like this...

image.png.1c185707728f9e52ef4d0371eaaf52af.png

.gov.uk is second and the correct price, but plenty of people won't get that far

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's now 'www.onlinefishinglicences.co.uk' and they're still charging £45 for the senior.

My google search now looks like this...

image.png.1c185707728f9e52ef4d0371eaaf52af.png

.gov.uk is second and the correct price, but plenty of people won't get that far

I see the problem, I'm using an add blocker, so the top one which is an add is blocked

Screenshot_2018-06-02-16-42-23.png.6079bd56f6a5db9545375fa6b04c41a4.png

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:10, davewh100 said:

nearly did that myself on Friday, near same situation not been for a few years, but I noticed the GOV UK site below.

• 4 weeks later...