BSA Defiant

Well .i had a handle if one last week .

And ti be fair the cocking action was very smooth .and the eye position much improved since ita now lower .

The stock was nice and pretty ergonomic  .cheek piece was nice and rubbery and ambi too .

BUT ...... 

MY GOD .its heavy heavy heavy. 

Soooo heavy .

So for a gun thats supposed to be  short , quick to get on aim and swing about .it isnt .its a hell of a lump .and at 825 mm quite a bit longer than it needs to be for a bull pup .

The built in silencer/mod .is ok at best .Not really as quiet as id expect from an 18 inch barrel mod and shroud . (Could be better .)

Over all its better than i thought it would be .but still glad im making my own instead of spunk×ng  £1100 on one .

seriously £1100 ouch, I saw a pic a few weeks back and I do like the look of it.

but is it a galahad? That AA do? Similar looking only nicer.

you would think that at that price the barrel would be fully shrouded and the rifle as quiet as quiet can be?

Had a hold of one in Gilsans other week, found it felt heavy in the hands for what looks a small gun. Very top heavy and that was without a scope fitted. Quite fancied a bullpup but this has put me of them, not that this is worse than others its the only one iv'e handled recently, much prefer the feel and balance of a carbine sporter.

Its the 18 inch barrel and long all steel airtube. 

The laminated stock is heavy too .

Add to that the rail and extension for cocking link .and built in shroud .it all adds up .

My fx has an alloy air tube. And it much lighter while being longer. 

Steel shroud like the R10? Yeh, it's like a heavy snooker cue. Which is why I had mine converted to carbon fibre. Did BSA think about this? Of course not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2018 at 07:13, Ultrastu said:

Probably not .

And because its complicated to do . (Given the bsa action block ) 

And un nessesary. Only bad gun handling and unfamiliarity leads to double loading .

Sorry but it should have been incorporated, even the best of us make mistakes.  If a gun like a Hatson 44 costing a lot less  can have this mechanism fitted, so can this BSA.

12 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Be interesting to know how many of us have ever double loaded a PCP - I'll start - 20 + years using only PCP's for hunting = zero. Keep your eye on the ball.

My old fella did on my Rapid, i haven't done it though, had her at least twenty years, i have pulled the trigger but not cocked the rifle.

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Be interesting to know how many of us have ever double loaded a PCP - I'll start - 20 + years using only PCP's for hunting = zero. Keep your eye on the ball:yes:.

My son did within 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, countryman said:

Have they not missed the boat here with an expensive bull pup.

They have and by the sounds of it built something more geared towards building your biceps.

• 2 weeks later...

Handled one this week and the weight doesn't bother me as all of my air rifle shooting is from static blinds.  I would want to shoot it first.  It would certainly be handy in blinds or as I was today parked up sat in the passenger seat of the Landie, even my AA S200 is a bit long for that.  It is the cost which puts me off ...a lot of dosh for an air rifle.

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Handled one this week and the weight doesn't bother me as all of my air rifle shooting is from static blinds.  I would want to shoot it first.  It would certainly be handy in blinds or as I was today parked up sat in the passenger seat of the Landie, even my AA S200 is a bit long for that.  It is the cost which puts me off ...a lot of dosh for an air rifle.

I'll bet a little bsa would manage just fine in your landie at probably a few hundred quid, i always liked the look of the titan bearcat i think it was.