20g auto

davewh100

17 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

thinking of getting a 20g auto been looking at benelli don't think I want to spend that much tho what do you lads shoot

hello, Armsan/ Franchi/ Hatsan/ Winchester/ take your choice, the Hatsan has plenty of reviews, first 2 would be my choice, i only had 1 20 guage, winchester 101 1980s, good luck 

My wife has a Remington 1187 12b but has just ordered a Remington 1100 20b for her birthday present. I used to have a Remington 1100 12b skeet gun many years ago, but I have just bought a Remington 1100 410 skeet gun and love it.

Edited by cervusman

14 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

armsan by a mile for the price,ive had one for 5 years.if your close by u could try mine out.

thanks mate nice offer little to far for me tho :good:

2 hours ago, snow white said:

Armsan 20 all the time never let me down

well that's good reviews on the armsan from you lads so armsan it is :good:

I’ve got the Benelli Montefeltro Beccaccia (Woodcock) 20 and it’s a beautiful little gun that’s a real keeper. Very nicely finished with lovely wood effect and a carbon rib. 

Ultra light at 5.2lb with a short 24” barrel but I shoot it as well as my bigger guns. I use it in and around woods and forestry a lot where I do pest control and for a little gun it’s got some serious firepower. I can use anything from 21g 7’s to 32g 4’s in it quite happily. It does kick a bit with the bigger stuff as it’s very light but not excessively. Takes no cleaning and it seems very well built. Picked it up almost new and hardly used for £650!

https://www.benelli.it/en/products/semiautomatic-shotguns/montefeltro/montefeltro-beccaccia-20

10 hours ago, ChrisPCarter said:

I’ve got the Benelli Montefeltro Beccaccia (Woodcock) 20 and it’s a beautiful little gun that’s a real keeper. Very nicely finished with lovely wood effect and a carbon rib. 

Ultra light at 5.2lb with a short 24” barrel but I shoot it as well as my bigger guns. I use it in and around woods and forestry a lot where I do pest control and for a little gun it’s got some serious firepower. I can use anything from 21g 7’s to 32g 4’s in it quite happily. It does kick a bit with the bigger stuff as it’s very light but not excessively. Takes no cleaning and it seems very well built. Picked it up almost new and hardly used for £650!

https://www.benelli.it/en/products/semiautomatic-shotguns/montefeltro/montefeltro-beccaccia-20

now that is a nice looking 20g i have the 12g super sport in carbon and Iove that but carnt justify 1400 on the 20g will check that one out tho 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have has several, but my fave is a Beretta AL391 26” barrel version. If you can find one, it is an absolute peach of gun. Very easy to shoot and live with. Just couldn’t get on with the Franchi or Hatsan, loved my Benelli M2 but that was FAC and p/exed for my current 12g M3.

pays your money and takes your choice but personally I hated having grazed knuckles every time I cleaned the Franchi or Hatsan. Beretta and Benelli may be expensive but they are well engineered, beautiful handling guns and retain their value.