Kissamee Florida shooting range

chady

I shot at Oakridge too last time I was out there.  Had clarified with them in advance that the no solo rule is really for locals... wouldn’t have been able to go if I’d needed someone else as the wife was looking after the kids so I could have some time out.  Tourists they’re happy to let shoot solo (I assume there’s a general dodginess test when you get there).

I turned up with SGC, my own eye protection and ear defenders and was pretty much handed a Glock and a box of ammmo and told “range is that way”.  Spent a good hour or two trying a few different guns. 

Worth being aware that they do it all on a tab and pay at the end, so the costs can mount up if you’re there for a while. 

13 hours ago, SxS said:

I turned up with SGC, 

Good idea to bring that, it's a talking point, it should help with the "general doginess test" and I don't like letting my passport out of my sight/ safe  when abroad.

Edited by Nial

In the same vein, albeit slightly different, has anyone been to Black Tine Outfitters (http://www.blacktineoutfitters.com/) also in Florida? 7000 acres for Hog/Feral Pig hunting apparently?

I'm wondering if it's worth both the cash (approx $350) and the built up brownie points with her indoors to spend a half day while in Florida on a trip to see the Mouse.

Edited by zebadee73

7 hours ago, zebadee73 said:

In the same vein, albeit slightly different, has anyone been to Black Tine Outfitters (http://www.blacktineoutfitters.com/) also in Florida? 7000 acres for Hog/Feral Pig hunting apparently?

I'm wondering if it's worth both the cash (approx $350) and the built up brownie points with her indoors to spend a half day while in Florida on a trip to see the Mouse.

A half a day?????? Do you have any comprehension how big Disney is?  Walt Disney world covers 47 square miles. There are 27 internal bus routes within Disney to get people around.

Edited by Vince Green

Hello Jamie,

We are an indoor gun range open to the public.  We have been in business for
almost 30 years and we've moved into our new 7 stall air-conditioned
facility at 6160 S. Orange Ave. in the past several years.

We charge $15.00 to shoot on the range (unlimited time) which includes your
eye and ear protection.   We allow up to two extra people to share the same
stall for $12.00 each.  We have over 50 firearms available for rent for
$20.00. Please see attached gun rental list. You can shoot all of our
rentals for the one fee; however, you can only take one at a time in on the
range.  We offer free basic firearm instruction when you rent a firearm from
us.  If you would prefer a one on one lesson with a NRA instructor, we also
offer that for $20.00.  Ammo ranges from $4.98 to $24.98 for a box of 50.
Targets are .30 to $1.75 each.  No reservations are needed but you do need
to bring some form of I.D. with you.  We welcome tourists.  Anyone under 18
must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.  The slowest time is in the
mornings around 10:00 a.m.

We are located approx. 10 min. from Orlando International Airport, Florida
Mall and the north end of International Dr. and about 25 min. from the
Disney Area Hotels.   Our hours are Mon. - Sat. 9:00-9:00 and Sun.
11:00-6:00.  

It usually runs about $35.00 per person to shoot on the range when there are
two or more sharing the same stall depending upon how much ammo you use.  We
look forward to seeing you in the range.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

A half a day?????? Do you have any comprehension how big Disney is?  Walt Disney world covers 47 square miles. There are 27 internal bus routes within Disney to get people around.

And yes Vince, I've been with my family a few times to the WDW in both Florida and California, but perhaps what I initially typed was unclear.

I love Florida, our plan once my youngest has grown up is to spend every February there. There is so much to do as I’m sure you know, it’s not just about the mouse. Florida is roughly 500 miles long and 160 miles wide, in area bigger than England with less than half the population. 

Anyone going I suggest get out of the Orlando area for a day or two and visit a national park and see Bison in the wild or tube down one of the gin clear natural springs. Visit Naples or Anna Marie Island simply beautiful. I could go on and on and on. 

Exactly, there's so much more to see than the mouse!.  We've been going since 2001, our first visit was the December after 9/11, £99 each with Airtours, there were hardly any visitors there. 

My kids were young at that time, 7, 11 & 13 and for the next few years we did all the usual theme parks etc. with them and made friends with a family over on the Gulf Coast, sadly they moved back to Illinois a few years ago, we keep meaning to go visit but 4 - 8ft of snow in Nov-Dec and a 300 mile drive from the nearest major airport doesn't appeal to me!.

For the last 12 years or so it's just been me and my Autistic son, he's 28 next week so we don't do the mouse etc.!, he has friends from his online gaming in Florida so we spend time visiting them, going out for meals etc. and of course I get to pick up all my cheap shooting gear, it's very handy having somewhere in the US to have stuff shipped from Brownells, MidwayUSA, Grafs etc. :)

It's carrying it all back that's the problem!, we brought back 118Kg of luggage in 2012, my son always says I only take him with me to carry things :) This year the largest thing is an MTM hi-low shooting table, box is about 48x20x20", £136 - £199 over here, $84 in the US :)

image.png.7279bfad9a0675ba9b59ff13b80f3e31.png

Edited by phaedra1106

I agree the best parts of Florida are  away from Orlando which is a bit of a bubble. Places can seem a bit dull after the intensity and buzz of Kissimee.  Cocoa Beach is lovely but very quiet, St Petersburg, Clearwater the same. St Augustine is very historic but again, after a couple of days I got bored.  

The gun shops literally make you go weak at the knees, the prices, the selection of accessories, things you don't even see over here. 

Unless you have very young kids with you I personally think Universal is better than WDW

Edited by Vince Green

13 hours ago, chady said:

Hello Jamie,

We are an indoor gun range open to the public.  We have been in business for
almost 30 years and we've moved into our new 7 stall air-conditioned
facility at 6160 S. Orange Ave. in the past several years.

We charge $15.00 to shoot on the range (unlimited time) which includes your
eye and ear protection.   We allow up to two extra people to share the same
stall for $12.00 each.  We have over 50 firearms available for rent for
$20.00. Please see attached gun rental list. You can shoot all of our
rentals for the one fee; however, you can only take one at a time in on the
range.  We offer free basic firearm instruction when you rent a firearm from
us.  If you would prefer a one on one lesson with a NRA instructor, we also
offer that for $20.00.  Ammo ranges from $4.98 to $24.98 for a box of 50.
Targets are .30 to $1.75 each.  No reservations are needed but you do need
to bring some form of I.D. with you.  We welcome tourists.  Anyone under 18
must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.  The slowest time is in the
mornings around 10:00 a.m.

We are located approx. 10 min. from Orlando International Airport, Florida
Mall and the north end of International Dr. and about 25 min. from the
Disney Area Hotels.   Our hours are Mon. - Sat. 9:00-9:00 and Sun.
11:00-6:00.  

It usually runs about $35.00 per person to shoot on the range when there are
two or more sharing the same stall depending upon how much ammo you use.  We
look forward to seeing you in the range.

Do you have a link for that place please?

I always shoot at Rieges, I drop the Mrs off just down the road at the Florida mall but the mall now has a fantastic sports/outdoors/fishing/hunting shop which is well worth a visit I picked up a Buck knife there last time it was on offer about a 1/3 of the price in the UK.

Edited by blackbird

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I always shoot at Rieges, I drop the Mrs off just down the road at the Florida mall but the mall now has a fantastic sports/outdoors/fishing/hunting shop which is well worth a visit I picked up a Buck knife there last time it was on offer about a 1/3 of the price in the UK.

D-I-C-K's, yes its great, we usually go to that Mall on the last day before dropping the car off. They had a full display of the whole range of genuine branded Weaver scope mounts, rails etc and it was all a third of the price you would pay here. So much easier also to be able to go and actually hold the bits in you hand and weigh up how it was all going to fit together. You just never get that here

Edited by Vince Green

16 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

D-I-C-K's, yes its great, we usually go to that Mall on the last day before dropping the car off. They had a full display of the whole range of genuine branded Weaver scope mounts, rails etc and it was all a third of the price you would pay here. So much easier also to be able to go and actually hold the bits in you hand and weigh up how it was all going to fit together. You just never get that here

Yes that’s the place they always have bargains there. Bass pro is also fantastic but very expensive I find.

2 hours ago, phaedra1106 said:

6160 S. Orange Ave. is the Oak Ridge Gun Range

http://oakridgegunrange.com/

Or you have: http://shootinggalleryrange.com/

The only differance between the two is The Shooting Gallery have full autos to rent, so if you want a go with an Uzi, M4, MP5 or M16 etc. that would be my choice.

Edited by rimfire4969

Sorry for the delay. 

I had had an email back from the shooting gallery and wasn’t so friendly as oakridge. 

So we have chosen to go to oak ridge as they seam a bit more open.

i can’t wait to go :) 

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Do you have a link for that place please?

Sorry someone has beaten me to it 

7 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Yes that’s the place they always have bargains there. Bass pro is also fantastic but very expensive I find.

Edited by blackbird

16 hours ago, chady said:

Sorry for the delay. 

I had had an email back from the shooting gallery and wasn’t so friendly as oakridge. 

So we have chosen to go to oak ridge as they seam a bit more open.

i can’t wait to go  

Sorry someone has beaten me to it 

Oakridge is good, I have been a quite a few times. I would keep your options open as there is no need to book just turn up, but I would avoid the weekends which are a lot busier. Just depends if you want to go the machine gun route of stick to pistols, all of it is great fun.

• 1 month later...

hi all just an update. 

We we went to oak ridge and loved it. We had a great time. They were ever so friendly even came into the range to show us how to shoot and after 10 min left us to it. Changed guns as much as we wanted. They were really friendly. Highly recommend it. 

I will post pictures and vid when I get back. 

Another point if if you ever go, go to bass pro outdoor world!!! I was there a whole hour! And covered 25% of the shop!!! 

I have got to think of an excuse to go back before Wednesday to try and finish the shop!!!! It’s unreal!! 

I got myself a nice little knife and my boy Got a SIG airsoft B.B. gun! Hopefully be ok in the checked in luggage!! 

I could have spent a fortune in there!!!! 

88DEED7B-B040-419F-AA6E-12256C404A68.jpeg

172AC86B-2D50-42E2-ABC3-4D2BB449F6CE.jpeg

7703FDE6-1969-4ED3-AC0B-2FE6B7A47DD0.jpeg

8C88B6C0-AFF0-4308-B67C-988CF82CCAA1.jpeg

C1043F3D-B5C9-4FB5-BBF7-F60411A46D2F.jpeg