sxs

andrew f

I get this with my light sxs. When shooting the second barrel (rear trigger) the finger connects with the front trigger when the gun recoils. I think this is why some of the more expensive guns have articulated front triggers. 

I don't think it is a LOP issue in my case as, dare I say it, I do shoot quite well with it ?. I just notice it more now as I shoot clays with this sxs much more than I used to.  There is a thread on here somewhere where people have had similar issues. 

You should only be using the tip of your index finger on the trigger (this also enables you to 'drop' more naturally onto the back trigger too). Is it something that has always happened, or is it a recent thing ?  Most Baikals that I have encountered have been both too low in the comb and quite short in the stock. See if the Instructor at your clay ground would take a look at your gun mounting/fit. Most people will get away with shooting too short a stock on a gun, but double triggers can cause a problem. Most double trigger guns have a straight hand stock, which, if fitted correctly, can sometimes be almost 1/2" longer than a pistol grip gun. It is just the wrist position that is different. You could try a slip on recoil pad and see if there is any improvement.

When holding the gun, I move my right hand about ~1cm back on the stock, so JUST the tip of my finger is on the front trigger... that allows my finger to 'drop' on the second one easily, and I never damaged my index after I found that trick.

I think short stock will make things worse of course -- but try that trigger hand trick, it's pretty straighforward and works on all my SxSs

As above it is often a matter of subconsciously not holding on tight enough .This can be stock length , grip position , or simply the fact that there is insufficient gap between the two triggers so that if you do tend to push your finger through , as many do ,rather than just the tip on the trigger ,you get clobbered. 

Might be worth checking there is no roughness on the back of the front trigger and the edges of the guard .