Armasight pro drone 10x

Delwint

Flir have stopped production so it,s catch 22 , a very good digisite and crossed fingers or a couple of hours on you tube looking at the alternatives and deciding which you prefer .

I,ve a Photon which is ok but not as good as a Pulsar imho, but most Pulsar users seem to fit a doubler to improve image quality ,the latest version of ATN is supposed to be good whereas the old 1 has "issues" I,ve just bought a Dave G unit off here for bunnies/foxes to 100m which is fine so i dont have to chop n change the Photon but i dont need over 100m capability tbh.

So to me You tube is your friend and research assistant 

35 minutes ago, Delwint said:

@clakk, I also have a DaveG addon but I was thinking more as a dedicated night fox gun. You mentioned the Atn, it’s supposed to be diabolical on batteries 

atb Delwint 

The ATN x sight 1 or 2 will eat ordinary AA batteries for a light snack, you need quality high capacity ones,  Kentlis are recommended, and can be ordered from Singapore (with the special charger ) for around 26 quid.
Or you can use a USB power bar, and keep that plugged into the port on the scope, mine is about as big as a mobile phone and sits in  pouch on the butt, is also a handy cheek raiser too.
With that combination you can switch it on and forget about it.

X sights are heavy, and fairly bulky, but performance is very good with a decent IR, you may need to play around with mounting options to get the correct (close) eye relief.
But that said ,they are really cheap these days, Mk 1s around 300 s/h going up to 500 new, Mk 2s put another 200 on each, but there isnt a massive difference between them, as long as the latest software is installed.

a mate of mine has a 15x drone. the best nv unit i have tried. the picture is very good with filter in day aswell. it is a very big unit though. there are lots of other dedicated units but the drone is simply in a different league to the likes of photon etc

15 hours ago, Delwint said:

@RewulfI do like the idea of the integrated range finder and ballistics app. And I had seen people with external battery packs 

You know the range finder is a separate  item ?
Whilst it does sound good on paper, I dont actually know anyone who has used it, theres a lot of variables in the tech behind it.
What is good, is you can choose from a variety of reticules, colours ect, to tailor it to what you like to see through it , and it is a decent day scope.
With the new  4k version coming out some time this year, the older units have come down in price considerably, and I believe represent good value.

Mine is just a Mk1 5-18 but does the job very effectively out to 150 yards, which is really the limit of my range on the HMR ,but Im sure could go further.

11 minutes ago, Delwint said:

No I didn’t know it was a separate item, i have a range finder so it’s not a problem, just would mean less to carry in the field 

The ATN rangefinder bluetooths/wifis over to the x sight 2 (I dont think it works with a mk1) and can adjust aimpoint on the scope at the touch of a button.
Clever, if it works , but the compatible rangefinder is about 300 quid !
It also sticks on the side of the x sight ,making it somewhat bulkier than its already bulky size , especially with a large IR torch.
Not something I would bother with.