Suzuki Grand Vitara EPS fault

Stimo22

Been having a fault on dash saying EPS System Service and it goes on and off. My Suzuki dealer has said that the ABS Controller is at fault and needs replacing at £1200 plus labour. Google the fault and it appears quite common. 

There is a couple of company's advertising to repair the controller for couple of hundred, which seems to be the way forward. Has any member had this problem or know any recommendations.

The car is a 2010 model and not done 20000 miles yet

I have heard of this issue being caused by either alternator faults and or aging battery giving slightly lower voltage. If you have another battery or ability to check condition of your vehicles battery this may be worth a check, it will certainly be cheaper than jumping straight into the ABS controller. Do you trust the main dealer? I'd personally go visit a local independent garage and get them to examine fault codes for you. I have no confidence in main dealers whatsoever as you may have determined.

The battery is quite new and I think that the reason people say it is a battery is because if you disconnect the battery it resets the system and it then takes a time to get the fault code back. This seems a common fault as there are several company's repairing them. I believe the dealer is good and has said they will remove and refit after I get it repaired. They can not be fairer than that

Further investigation shows a fault code of C1061, and it appears a problem on several Suzuki models. Vitara, Jimmy  and swift . Need to know if any members have had a repair done and by who. There is a company called Ecu Testing who repair and give lifetime warranty

• 1 month later...