On 06/06/2018 at 12:27, B525 LIGHT said:

Cheers, found it. 106 for the #2 and 59 for the #BB.

Anyone tried it in a 10?

yes works ok but BB were to big ie low in pellet count 4mm or us#1 would be the best shot size for a 10g but they never wanted to make any when they were emailed on the subject  this was a typical pattern 40yds 705 terror its ok but  just went back to steel, still got some itx loaded up  from four years ago prob never use it post-21002-1281641616.jpg

10 hours ago, B525 LIGHT said:

Cheaper than bismuth though....

Just an idea at the moment, probably stick with steel BBB in the 10 and B in the 12

Just how much is it? A friend is getting me some bismuth that should be decent value. I will post the exact price when i get it.

I must admit, steel is probably the best all round choice. I do like my hw13 etc, but I shot a lot of high geese with good old steel last season.

Guest cookoff013

i did a nontoxic pressure test to basically buy one powder and wad-hull and swap the shot out. 

overall the test gave up some useful information. one being the powder. i suppose its not too silly to chat about powder or the overall package of a shell.

i reloaded lead, steel, bismuth,niceshot,copper**** hw13 / powershot and itx10. the individual shells say very little and compressing the dataset in statistics really do it justice.

i would whole heartedly replace any lead shell with the same volume of bismuth. thats calculated using 0.888 as a difference. take a 42g lead load, take out the lead and add about 37g of bismuth. when i did this in my test that was 36 lead load and 32g bismuth. the actual pressure dropped. hardly groundbreaking but its what i did. infact as the wad i used had to be steel rated when replacing the same volume ie 36g lead vs 25g steel, 28g coppershot, 32g bismuth,32g niceshot, all the pressures were lower than the aforementioned 36g lead.

now i did load 42g powershot aswell but it failed on statistics. that was hard luck. 

now i suppose you guys are wondering what am i on about? well i can shoot nearly all nontoxics with one reloading dataset. except for the aforementioned 42g powershot load that failed.

there is nothing stopping me now loading up 36g of powershot with a bit of packing lifting the shot. ie 20gauge hard card at the bottom of the wad. 
i can even load up a total amount of 36g of powershot / steel shot (in a special ratio, maybe steel 7s to act as a retrospective filler / buffer). this was the most interesting concept of using steel shot as a buffer to fill the volume so the load would be something like 30g powershot with steel shot on top. i`d have to do the calculation though....

am i off my rocker for thinking like this? i did all this with a mediocre powder ie vectan A1, because we are always told to use 381, alliant steel, sp2 bm50 powder or c4.

1300fps powershot is a viable goose shell. the rest were designed for ducking.

6 hours ago, B525 LIGHT said:

Thanks chaps? Is that the 6% tin stuff from the states Wayne?

Yep, 6% tin from Rotometals. I have got the 4.25mm, which should be an ideal size for geese. It will mostly be used in the 10 o/u.