a few pics of our woodland

mel b3

hiya guys ,

ive been promising to put a few pics of our woodland on for ages , heres just a few . it looks quite different at the moment , and ill get a few more pics up when i can(and videos if her good self can figure out how to).

IMG-20180606-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0005.jpg

20180217_154656.jpg

Very nice Mel, pleased your enjoying owning a wood. Nothing compares and it doesn't have to be a forest. Your probably way ahead of me but as you know and have visited our small patch to see trees grown from acorns, develope into trees 20ft high by your own effiorts is so rewarding, so go tread in a few acorns and mark each spot so you know in the future.  I did just that 23yrs ago and now have home grown oak trees in between the rows of 'instant' poplars.  Get surprises every time I go through ours. Now have a dozen walnuts growing where crows have picked up nuts from under a neighbours tree 300yrds away and not being able to break them have dropped them in our wood where they have taken root, sufficient number that I recently gave two away to be planted in a new wood.  Look forward to more pics.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Very nice Mel, pleased your enjoying owning a wood. Nothing compares and it doesn't have to be a forest. Your probably way ahead of me but as you know and have visited our small patch to see trees grown from acorns, develope into trees 20ft high by your own effiorts is so rewarding, so go tread in a few acorns and mark each spot so you know in the future.  I did just that 23yrs ago and now have home grown oak trees in between the rows of 'instant' poplars.  Get surprises every time I go through ours. Now have a dozen walnuts growing where crows have picked up nuts from under a neighbours tree 300yrds away and not being able to break them have dropped them in our wood where they have taken root, sufficient number that I recently gave two away to be planted in a new wood.  Look forward to more pics.

I'm going to supply Mel with a load of Welsh Oak saplings, soon. 

Thank you for the kind words gents.

I seem to have hit the limit for pics , but I'm not sure how so her good self will keep trying.

I made the easter island head as I sat by the fire a couple of weeks ago , I'll hopefully be making a couple more next weekend. 

The salad is just to show the wild garlic that I picked from the stream , it was absolutely delicious.

We have plans for a few more native trees ., hopefully this autumn will see a few saplings going in, they will include a few nut trees ,and a few fruit trees, and if I can ever find the time , I'll be getting a beehive up there too.

I've spoken with Steve b wales , he's very kindly said that he will supply oak saplings, so that pw members could pop up and plant an oak as a memorial to a lost loved one . A peaceful little corner of the wood , with a very nice view ,will be set aside for this , and these memorial trees will remain untouched for as long as me or my family own the wood , and will hopefully still be standing in many hundreds of years.

11 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I seem to have hit the limit for pics , but I'm not sure how so her good self will keep trying.

I made the easter island head as I sat by the fire a couple of weeks ago , I'll hopefully be making a couple more next weekend. 

The salad is just to show the wild garlic that I picked from the stream , it was absolutely delicious.

We have plans for a few more native trees ., hopefully this autumn will see a few saplings going in, they will include a few nut trees ,and a few fruit trees, and if I can ever find the time , I'll be getting a beehive up there too.

I've spoken with Steve b wales , he's very kindly said that he will supply oak saplings, so that pw members could pop up and plant an oak as a memorial to a lost loved one . A peaceful little corner of the wood , with a very nice view ,will be set aside for this , and these memorial trees will remain untouched for as long as me or my family own the wood , and will hopefully still be standing in many hundreds of years.

There you go, I told you he was a nice guy:good:   If I find any more walnuts small enough to move, I'll give you a shout.  Not too far north to survive, Gulf Stream and all that.

6 hours ago, old'un said:

Looks nice Mel, bit different from Tipton, where abouts is your piece of heaven?

Hiya dave , it's in Mallwyd, about 25 minutes from Machynlleth. The loudest sound around is birdsong. 

39 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

There you go, I told you he was a nice guy:good:   If I find any more walnuts small enough to move, I'll give you a shout.  Not too far north to survive, Gulf Stream and all that.

That would be very good of you nev,  thank you. 

1 hour ago, clakk said:

What a great place to chill ya beans ,unwind and enjoy ,your a Lucky man Mel .Looks like a little slice of peace and quiet just for Lin and you to enjoy and get away from us all 

its a cracking place , hard work though. we love just messing around and walking the trails through the woods.

4 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

How about some bird boxes Mel, in particular, an Owl box or two?

Id already thought about them Steve  , and they're on the list with the other 500 jobs that I need to do up there lol.

On 07/06/2018 at 04:55, mel b3 said:

One thing that you could do Mel, is to get the saplings planted. The saplings I'm going to provide can be left in containers until required,or better still, planted and then PW members can attach a plaque to their chosen one. If they can't get to your woodland, you could do this on their behalf.

Edited by steve_b_wales