Break in at Oakridge Shooting Ground

Howling Hound

Over last week end (between Sunday night Tuesday mornong) toe-rags broak in to Oakedge and removed the ground keeping and workshop equipment. Also a few £1000 of fishing gear.

Please were called via 999 but we were told to dial 101 even though it was a shooting ground. The operated said that officers would attend some time during the day. Next phone call via 999 to say that it was believed that the scum were still on the ground and we were going out to look for them. It was advised that we should not do that as it may be dangerous. The operator was thanked for the warning and that we will now take guns. Full armed response arrived within 12 mins.

No traps were taken and it has not affected the shooting

Reward of £1000 has been offered to find these poor misguided people

Please be vigilant 

it's like the one in the papers last year a bloke was going to bed closein the curtains and noticed someone in his shed taking his tools do called the police and told them they said we have know one available and would give him a crime number, so the chap called police back saying it's ok iv just shot him 2 mins later arm response 3 cars dog unit, they court the lad and arrested him the police said to the the bloke thought you said you shot him bloke said thought you had no one available :whistling:

We used to get a couple of police that dropped by our streets knocking on doors asking us what we were most concerned about.  My concern was the drug dealers who had no worries openly selling drugs from their cars using our road as a place to,do their business.  I had rung police several times in the past telling them if they came now they would catch them.  Not interested.  Anyhow the ones that came asking our concerns told me to next time tell the police operator I saw a gun!!  That would bring them quick enough.  

On 08/06/2018 at 09:01, davewh100 said:

it's like the one in the papers last year a bloke was going to bed closein the curtains and noticed someone in his shed taking his tools do called the police and told them they said we have know one available and would give him a crime number, so the chap called police back saying it's ok iv just shot him 2 mins later arm response 3 cars dog unit, they court the lad and arrested him the police said to the the bloke thought you said you shot him bloke said thought you had no one available 

Exactly what I thought, either the OP has made his story up or the bloke was stupid enough to actually say that! 

Licence would be gone if he had ...

4 hours ago, davewh100 said:

wasn't a licence holder got the job done tho

If they’d of turned up and shot someone dead thinking they had guns because of his lies he’d could end up behind bars as well... some people would probably think the thieves deserve to be shot... 

People want to think about the consequences of what they say, anyone who holds a licence who thinks this is a good idea wants to think long and hard or they’d soon end up without one, or in deep trouble if things went bad. Just trying to look out for the good lads! 

46 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

If they’d of turned up and shot someone dead thinking they had guns because of his lies he’d could end up behind bars as well... some people would probably think the thieves deserve to be shot... 

People want to think about the consequences of what they say, anyone who holds a licence who thinks this is a good idea wants to think long and hard or they’d soon end up without one, or in deep trouble if things went bad. Just trying to look out for the good lads! 

yeah i no wear your coming from carnt see any responsible tickets holders comeing out with a comment like the one the bloke used tho, just made me laugh wen I read it :lol:

3 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Scumbags broke into the recently closed White Water Shooting Ground at Blyth..............stole a large amount of stuff.............Even if caught, they only get a slap on the wrist! 

the biggest problem is hoodies, all you get is don't have enough evidence cctv isn't good enough anymore 

I find it funny how the police have no resource but magic them up if something like that is said. 

I watched two kids put a rock through my car window years back. Told police they were on my property at time of call, "sorry no one available" my response "thats okay, i will await there return and will have an adjustable spanner to hand to politely ask them to leave", never saw a police car or officer to record the break in. 

I could of beaten them and no response at all. 

I didn't have the spanner, was more trying to see how our fudged system works. Answer was it doesn't. 

It's not that they magic police out of thin air, if someone is stupid enough to report that there are criminals with a gun when there isn't, it's highly likely your going to cause them to divert resources from something else that is also serious,  potentiality putting other inoccent people in danger, not to mention raising the risk of someone getting shot. I really wonder were people's brain is sometimes.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's not that they magic police out of thin air, if someone is stupid enough to report that there are criminals with a gun when there isn't, it's highly likely your going to cause them to divert resources from something else that is also serious,  potentiality putting other inoccent people in danger, not to mention raising the risk of someone getting shot. I really wonder were people's brain is sometimes.

Exactly!! 

They dont magic up people, there are other people who are in immediate danger who then don’t have Police turn up because someone has intentionally lied so that they can get Police to them when they don’t need it as much. 

If you want more Police around to be able to attend then vote for a government that believes it’s important to put more money into Policing! 

18 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

I often suspect that the stories of people getting no response from the Police, but then telling them an outlandish story involving vigilante activity, guns, violence, etc., and the Police then turn up, are at best exaggerations, or wishful thinking.

This. Hoax calls to police aren't dismissed in my experience. 

It's OK I raed in the paper this morning the highly educated in the Home Office have decided to draw graduates straight out of uni and make them DETECTIVES!!!!!

In my day you had to first spend two years learning to be a policeman first off, then you MAY get SELECTED to become a detective based on your two years probation.

In 1974 they decided to bring in graduate accelerated promotion with the promise that we would see a far better police force. Worked...didn't it ?????????

Edited by Walker570

2 months training it said, then out on the streets.  The idea to put more detectives in that departm,ent to make it look good and they are doing something.

Like the accelerated promotion deal, we will get people who have to check their CVs before they can make a decision.

Edited by Walker570

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It's OK I raed in the paper this morning the highly educated in the Home Office have decided to draw graduates straight out of uni and make them DETECTIVES!!!!!

Please tell me that's not true.

How many times in my working life have I encountered 'highly educated and supposedly intelligent' graduates cast into a working environment without so much as an ounce of common sense.

There seems to be a generation today who deem it a necessity to go to 'Uni' and still come out with absolutely no idea what they want to do. Or having 'studied' (or not) a couple of subjects and then do something entirely unrelated to those subjects. What a total waste of time and money (including more of the taxpayers money if Corbyn had his way).

Rant over, it's time for breakfast.

OB

11 hours ago, stumfelter said:

How is it that when there is an rtc eight police cars turn up if the police are so stretched. Are they racing to be one of the three cars needed to block the road ( which basically involves sitting in the car for six hours on social media?)

My thoughts would be because they will all have responded on a blue light based on the initial Intel and rtcs can be very serious events involving multiple emergency services, once the scene has been assessed and resources needed are worked out, they will probably utilise anyone spare within traffic to prevent further accidents and possible loss of life, that's if they haven't already been called away to deal with spurious incidents involving armed assailants. Seems common sense to me.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

My thoughts would be because they will all have responded on a blue light based on the initial Intel and rtcs can be very serious events involving multiple emergency services, once the scene has been assessed and resources needed are worked out, they will probably utilise anyone spare within traffic to prevent further accidents and possible loss of life, that's if they haven't already been called away to deal with spurious incidents involving armed assailants. Seems common sense to me.

Bang on again mate! 

RTC’s are probably the biggest risk to life that the Police deal with on a daily basis, a full car in a crash can result in 5 dead in an instant and that’s not including any other cars that could be involved. 

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

In my day you had to first spend two years learning to be a policeman first off, then you MAY get SELECTED to become a detective based on your two years probation.

In 1974 they decided to bring in graduate accelerated promotion with the promise that we would see a far better police force. Worked...didn't it ?????????

That’s not what it said, it said they would do training and continue in a training programme, starting them off with the much simpler investigations whilst they continue their training and gain experience. 

What would you prefer? They quoted something like a shortfall of 5000+ detectives I believe, that’s a huge recruitment job, but at least the government is taking action to boost police staff and resources. 

Theyd get slated if they didn’t increase staff, now they get slated because they try to boost staff, they can’t win can they?