ditchman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, AVB said:

9) they are cheap to run. Free/cheap electricity, no/lower car tax, no congestion charge and from 2020 BIK tax reduces to 2%. 

You mean I pay for all your free stuff?   Show me the free electricity, I want some.  Why no car tax?  Don't you use the road?  Is your vehicle not heavier than the average car and therefore more damaging?  Why no congestion charge?  Does you car not congest the roads?

You live off us, your car lives because we, the taxpayer, pay for your car.  No you are not green, you are a freeloader on our taxes,

RS

6 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

You mean I pay for all your free stuff?   Show me the free electricity, I want some.  Why no car tax?  Don't you use the road?  Is your vehicle not heavier than the average car and therefore more damaging?  Why no congestion charge?  Does you car not congest the roads?

You live off us, your car lives because we, the taxpayer, pay for your car.  No you are not green, you are a freeloader on our taxes,

RS

:lol:..classic

46 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

RS

? Reminds me of my old boss saying that his 'subsidised' photovoltaic solar panelling was wonderful and that it gave him 'free' hot water and heating etc etc. One of the lads pointed out to him that his 'free' electricity was subsidised by us, the tax payer. 

4 hours ago, RockySpears said:

RS

I said I didn’t buy it because it was green. I bought it because it was a great bit of kit.

Tesla superchargers are free (paid for by Tesla so you could argue that I have paid for it via the car)  

And yes I suppose you do subsidise some elements. Good isn’t it!  I suggest you complain to the government instead of whinging to me. 

Problem is we currently consume 330ish TWH of electricity per annum for all uses of which we produce 300 twh domestically with the remainder imported, whilst also consuming 490 TWH of petrol and diesel for automobile use. (plus a bit more for planes , trains and ships).
In order to switch to ev entirely for automobile transport we will have to add 150ish percent additional capacity to our current electricity production......

Its not going to happen.........

i am staggered at the ammount of money that will be spent on HS2...................

we have a very high tidal reach and a lot of rocky coasts and inlets.............just look at all the electricity that could be harvested on tidal capture....instead we have just one very small scheme that is going to be built........as long as the moon is still there there will be tides...and the tides change / staggered all around the uk particulary around the west coast so demand would be overlapped..........wales could become the electro' centre of the uk and further up the coast...................and with tidal capture you dont need to block up the esturies ...so it is far more enviromentally frendly that way.....................

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i am staggered at the ammount of money that will be spent on HS2...................

we have a very high tidal reach and a lot of rocky coasts and inlets.............just look at all the electricity that could be harvested on tidal capture....instead we have just one very small scheme that is going to be built........as long as the moon is still there there will be tides...and the tides change / staggered all around the uk particulary around the west coast so demand would be overlapped..........wales could become the electro' centre of the uk and further up the coast...................and with tidal capture you dont need to block up the esturies ...so it is far more enviromentally frendly that way.....................

Unfortunately a no go as the greens/rspb/Kwiss  will be upset as it will effect a few wading birds.:yes::mad:

26 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Unfortunately a no go as the greens/rspb/Kwiss  will be upset as it will effect a few wading birds.:yes::mad:

so when we are all  birds as well flora...forna... et al....coughing our guts up....because they are worried about a few inverabrates...thats okay then ?...the govt' are quite happy with that then ?

i think the govt and people of this country should "grow some testicles".........im sic and tired bending over backwards to all these minority groups...........dont get me wrong some of them are sensible...but not many...

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

If you have ever flown over the Arizona desert, thousands of miles of nothing at a constant 100+ Farenheit. You have to start wondering why they don't just create a massive solar farm, its much cheaper than damming up rivers.

37 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

If you have ever flown over the Arizona desert, thousands of miles of nothing at a constant 100+ Farenheit. You have to start wondering why they don't just create a massive solar farm, its much cheaper than damming up rivers.

mustnt upset the eco system.....some elusive iratating fly might die..............................i just shake my head ............

The spanish seem to have the right idea with that new solar collecter thingy

11 minutes ago, old man said:

With all of the gas generated in parliament from the incessant bull dung spouted we should be good to power up now? 

then you have got all the subersized al er carte menue's ...pickled eggs and god knows what..................they must have a good extraction unit in the chamber...christ that must stink sometimes.....then in the lords it must be worse....all them old sphinter muscles not working as they should.......dear oh dear oh dear..:sick:

like being trapped in a lift with the office dodgy botty...:shout::devil:

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

hello, your right on that HS2 and all for 30 minutes or there abouts less travel time, if they spent the money on new HOSPITALS or PRISONS, that would get my vote. but hey look at the chaos now going on with the rail companies and travel times, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

56 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, your right on that HS2 and all for 30 minutes or there abouts less travel time, if they spent the money on new HOSPITALS or PRISONS, that would get my vote. but hey look at the chaos now going on with the rail companies and travel times, 

HS2 is not really about cutting down passenger times, I know that's what always gets quoted. I listened to a radio programme about it, the real need is for capacity but if they are going to build it they might as well build it so it can handle 21st century trains.

The problem with our railway system, and the chaos you describe, is that we are running a Victorian network that was locked, moribund, for decades in Nationalisation 

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

The tidal lagoon planned for Swansea bay is hopefully to be scrapped, massive negative impact on migratory fish in the Tawe, Neath and Afan river systems. The maths do not add up regarding the finances/returns from electricity produced which is why the government will hopefully pull the plug on it. Last but not least building it will **** up my lugworm digging and the hundreds of sea birds that use that patch of shoreline.

9 minutes ago, hambone said:

The tidal lagoon planned for Swansea bay is hopefully to be scrapped, massive negative impact on migratory fish in the Tawe, Neath and Afan river systems. The maths do not add up regarding the finances/returns from electricity produced which is why the government will hopefully pull the plug on it. Last but not least building it will **** up my lugworm digging and the hundreds of sea birds that use that patch of shoreline.

cant see why they need to build it there....these tidal capture thingies need to be built from the rocky coast out to sea :hmm: