Boxing - Tyson Fury Vs Someone-or-other

chrisjpainter

So, tomorrow night, Tyson goes against Sefer Seferi - who's a foot shorter and four stone lighter than him and who's only had one bout at heavyweight (which he lost). Firstly, what's the point in such a non-spectacle?

Secondly, has anyone detected a change in Fury over the lead up to this fight? He seems somehow more mellow, less inexplicably nuts in his press releases and, dare I say it, almost human! 

Bookmakers have odds of 1/1000 for Fury to win. I'm not sure they'll get too many takers!

I will let you know as i will be ring sode tomorrow evening, purely going for the atmosphere that this will no doubt create.. And ive never been to a live fight before so im looking forward to it. 

As has been said. This is purely ring time for fury, to get back in the groove and then work his way up to the big guns

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

He is just clocking up ring time. It should be a straightforward win and we can expect a few more.

I have to say that he has come across as lucid, sensible and realistic in recent interviews.

Yeah. There are the occasional moments of madness (saying he'd fight both wilder and Aj in the same day!) but that's fine, it wouldn't by Tyson without something outlandish! But the rest of it has been noticeably devoid of the banality and pointlessly insulting that has marked him out before. 

Pretty much as expected although Fury looked even worse than i expected.

Some of Frank Warrens shows are unbelievably poor nowadays and this was another.

Fury needs a strong corner to keep him reeled in a bit but with the personnel he has at the moment they are all yes men so cant see his comeback having a happy ending.Ricky Hatton,Billy Joe Saunders and Tysons old fella are not the sort to keep him disciplined and grounded.

He has looked pure keech in plenty fights so could still shock us by turning it around but time will tell.

Sako, Fury is an embarrassment to boxing at the moment. There is no doubting his punching power or his previous achievements but this fight shouldn't have been allowed. It was a miss match from the outset and purely used as a win for Fury, in years gone by Fury would have knocked that guys heid clean aff!! How anyone would have paid to go and see this is beyond me, looking at the fighting in the crowd I think its clear the audience he is attracting (no offence ShootingEgg). He looked like a big fat lad who had just started boxing rather than a previous world champ, he has a very long way to go  before he would get a fight against AJ (who I don't think is the best either but he is miles ahead of Fury at the moment). That said he won't be getting a shot at any decent fighters for at least another year or so anyway I would think. So plenty of time for him to keep munching the burgers and fighting the wee lads I suppose! As you say his corner are not the ones to sort him out, he needs change, oh and a dietician!!! but doubt we will see massive improvement from him over the coming years. Personally I think he is done, but being who he is I could be proved wrong!

1 hour ago, m3vert said:

Sako, Fury is an embarrassment to boxing at the moment. There is no doubting his punching power or his previous achievements but this fight shouldn't have been allowed. It was a miss match from the outset and purely used as a win for Fury, in years gone by Fury would have knocked that guys heid clean aff!! How anyone would have paid to go and see this is beyond me, looking at the fighting in the crowd I think its clear the audience he is attracting (no offence ShootingEgg). He looked like a big fat lad who had just started boxing rather than a previous world champ, he has a very long way to go  before he would get a fight against AJ (who I don't think is the best either but he is miles ahead of Fury at the moment). That said he won't be getting a shot at any decent fighters for at least another year or so anyway I would think. So plenty of time for him to keep munching the burgers and fighting the wee lads I suppose! As you say his corner are not the ones to sort him out, he needs change, oh and a dietician!!! but doubt we will see massive improvement from him over the coming years. Personally I think he is done, but being who he is I could be proved wrong!

No offence taken, mate of mine decided she wanted to go so I thought why not, was a great experience and even though a huge miss match, the undercard fights were watchable and being on ring level only about ten rows back was great viewing, atmosphere and a decent group of people around us. 

I didn't even see the fight in crowd.