Stihl 2 in 1 Sharpener

billytheghillie

On 08/06/2018 at 22:50, scotslad said:

I'd say the oppisate off the above, a great piece of kit for hobby users.

If u don't know how/when (or even wot) the rakers are then its well worth it.

I use the 2 in 1 its just so easy, I don't know anything about the rakers thats why i got it so dont have to worry about them.

I managed to damage my chain and bar recently, got it stuck and bent the bar. The chain was just about shot anyway. How hard a job to change these parts is it? Can I buy online, or should I possibly pay a little more and go to a parts sales establishment? Any advice much appreciated. 

Yes it is an easy job. It get all my spares for my chainsaws from the link below. 

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/

Prices and service are good. You can order online using the manufacturers part numbers. If you can still read them they will be on the bar. 

I have all of the Stihl, Husqvarna and a few Echo parts list on PDF if you want me to send you one. You can use these to identify your part and order online.

It is really easy to change as has been said and easy to order online.

Really u should be turning the bar upside down every so often so bar wears evenly (and clean all crud out of groove)

BUT do u know the chain pitch, bar guage and length and number of drive links.  If u don't be worth going into a proper saw shop where they know the right chain/bar combo for ur saw. It should be printed on the bar anyway but often rubs off with age/use

There is a multitude of chain choices nowadays and many saw shops aren't that expensixe anyway if u stay away from the garen centre types (Fr  jones is down ur way somewhere londonish? and honey bros out by guildford?  i think

I'm completely guessing here, but if an old pro grade FC saw most likely a Husky (stihls were never that common a few decades ago esp in smaller saws) probably be either 3/16's(=.325.) pitch for smaller under 15" bars and often 3/8's for larger bars, husky's usually run on 1.5mm guage (thickness of groove in bar) while stihls are 1.6mm guage

If its a more random make it could be anything

On 10/06/2018 at 16:58, getthegat said:

I managed to damage my chain and bar recently, got it stuck and bent the bar. The chain was just about shot anyway. How hard a job to change these parts is it? Can I buy online, or should I possibly pay a little more and go to a parts sales establishment? Any advice much appreciated. 

Dead easy to do.

I've used this site a few times and it's been superb https://www.northernarbsupplies.co.uk

those 2in1 are spot on. Use them on personal and work saws. Expensive but worth it. 

On 10/06/2018 at 17:54, SPAS 15 said:

Yes it is an easy job. It get all my spares for my chainsaws from the link below. 

https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/

Prices and service are good. You can order online using the manufacturers part numbers. If you can still read them they will be on the bar. 

I have all of the Stihl, Husqvarna and a few Echo parts list on PDF if you want me to send you one. You can use these to identify your part and order online.

used them as well. 

good service and delivery. Keenly priced too.