RECOMMEND A PAIR OF POCKET BINOCULARS like 10 X 25 12 X 30

19 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks steve, i had these in 10 X 25 compact on my list, 

I sold a pair of Kahles binoculars, owing to lack of use, and being too expensive (£600+) to leave in the cupboard, and bought some Nature Trek. To be honest, they can't be compared with the Kahles, but for the money, and general 'viewing', I was very impressed with them. The 10 year warranty was an added bonus.

Cliffton cameras have an 8x25 for £79:00. Mine are 8x42 and I paid £109:00 3 years ago.

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

I sold a pair of Kahles binoculars, owing to lack of use, and being too expensive (£600+) to leave in the cupboard, and bought some Nature Trek. To be honest, they can't be compared with the Kahles, but for the money, and general 'viewing', I was very impressed with them. The 10 year warranty was an added bonus.

thanks steve

I guess it depends what you want them for first off?

When I did my DSC the instructor suggested the use of binoculars at a similar power to the scope on the rifle?

A friend put me onto Carl Zeiss 8x30 Jenoptim Binoculars - very reasonably priced as used items on e-bay quite frequently and not so big and heavy when out with all the other accoutrements  of a deer stalker.

49 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

I've a pair of Hawke 12x25.

I think they cost me the grand price of £20. Good compact bino's which live in my smock chest pocket, and I care little if they get knocked/damaged, I'll just buy another pair...

hello harry, where did you buy them for £20 ??

2 hours ago, English said:

I guess it depends what you want them for first off?

When I did my DSC the instructor suggested the use of binoculars at a similar power to the scope on the rifle?

A friend put me onto Carl Zeiss 8x30 Jenoptim Binoculars - very reasonably priced as used items on e-bay quite frequently and not so big and heavy when out with all the other accoutrements  of a deer stalker.

hello, thanks to reply, i have a pair about that size just wanted something more pocket friendly, cheers 

14 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks for replies, bought some  hawke 12 x 25 compacts,  cheers,   

I hope they do you well. You won't go wrong at that price, though.

I've had a look around and I believe Hawke must have stopped making/selling those Bino's as they used to be easy to find online and now are not.

On 14/06/2018 at 13:16, Harry Callahan said:

I hope they do you well. You won't go wrong at that price, though.

I've had a look around and I believe Hawke must have stopped making/selling those Bino's as they used to be easy to find online and now are not.

hello harry, i am sure they are discontinued now but they are much better than my old pair so pleased with that, cheers