Spider / Bluebottle

steve_b_wales

we used to have a truck spider?️ (it lived in a corner of my cab?️) , every day , my vegan crew member , would bring a fly? to work and feed the spider . 

one day he brought a dead wasp from his windowsill at home , the spider ate it as normal , but , the next time , and every subsequent time that he put a wasp in the web , the spider would run away from it.

• 1 month later...
On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:59, steve_b_wales said:

I found another spider in my garden earlier, and, after swotting a great big bluebottle in my living room, I thought, 'waste not want not' and gave it to him/her.

SPIDER FLY.jpg

we do this, take them in the garage drop them on webs and then wait to see what comes out, they can be huge ? 

A couple of days ago, early morning when I was making a packed lunch I heard scratching coming from near the wine rack and found a huge spider which was struggling with a massive beetle - wished I had taken pickie - and it was the last leg of the beetle which big spider was trying to wrap up that was making the noise. We live in a very old house with poor fit to doors etc and have these little events from time to time. Anyhow I watched this for a bit but eventually put the lot outside for the conclusion and, I assume, a nice meal!!