Renewal referee

Ricko

Hi, my renewal is coming up, I can't remember which of my acquaintances I got to sign last time ( I haven't got that many!). Can I use a retired colleague (former teacher)? Does it matter that he's retired? 

Cheers

When I spoke to my FLO as I was struggling with somebody to sign for me, he told me anybody can do it as long as they don’t have a criminal record, they are not family & they must have known you for more than two years, a friend who has a gun license would be perfect. There is no need for teacher, doctor, bank manager etc.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

When I spoke to my FLO as I was struggling with somebody to sign for me, he told me anybody can do it as long as they don’t have a criminal record, they are not family & they must have known you for more than two years, a friend who has a gun license would be perfect. There is no need for teacher, doctor, bank manager etc.

This,

I just had two long time friends do mine, both hold down jobs and have clean records. It doesn't have to be anyone special anymore just someone of good character.

Also make copies scan save on your computer, then when it comes to renewing you can check back and see what you put down last time, that's what i do any communication between myself and the Firearms dept is saved in a file, variations replies from them etc,

i was told i just need to email if i bought a rifle, so i did just that and asked for a reply, when it come around to renewal time they didn't have the Rifle i had purchased down, so the questions started and then i was told you have to inform us within 7 days, so i went back through my info and showed him, what i'd done and that was the end of the matter.

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

this

Referees

1.When applying for a firearm certificate, you should have gained the permission of two people whohave agreed to act as referees for you. You must complete Parts F and G with their details. Whenapplying for a shotgun certificate you should have gained the permission of one person to act as areferee for you. You must complete part F with their details.

2.The referee(s) who have agreed to act for you must have known you personally for at least two years and must be resident in Great Britain. A referee must not be a member of your immediate family, a registeredfirearms dealer, a serving police officer, a police employee, a Police and Crime Commissioner or a member of their staff, or a member of, or a member of staff of, the Scottish Police Authority. Refereesmust be of good character and any references they agree to provide must be given freely and not onpayment.