Handing in rifles

Daz1986

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

There is another aspect which nobody has mentioned yet. Its not cheap to put your guns into storage anymore, a lot of RFDs have cottoned on to the fact that its a bit of an earner and you probably have very little choice.

Another reason to use your local RFD, Almost all of my shooting gear has come from my local RFD with the exception of my target rifle which he said he probably couldn't get. I have a suppressor stored with him which came with a package but I don't have a slot for, free of charge. If you look after your local RFD he will look after you.

19 hours ago, Daz1986 said:

He has been in touch with BASC and it is all very interesting at the mo as he has told them about all so will see what's said in the coming days 

don't hold your breath.

Just now, mossy835 said:

basc,don't hold your breath.

23 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

The OP should familiarise himself with section 10.74 of the HO Guidance.

In view of Charlie's Post and the final sentence of the relevant Section, coupled to the two horror stories so far on this thread, perhaps one of the shooting organisations - the voice of shooting may well be appropriate here - could prepare a downloadable pre police cusody "pre nuptual" document for the receiving officer to complete and sign which details the condition and precise description of all items at the time that then were handed in/confiscated.

So this works for both sides then? 

My missus shoots too, so if we was to spilt up are they going to 'make' us both hand them in or just me? 

I've been on the receiving end of a false domestic violence claim, long story short I was the one who was arrested but after cps looked at it they realised I was telling the truth and it was her who went to court and was found guilty of assault. 

Even though I was innocent this was still brought up when the feo came for my interview, all she got was a fine she didn't have to pay, had this been the other way round that would have been my opportunity to have my cert out the window. 

It's a joke. 

Edited by Farmboy91

On 10/06/2018 at 08:47, team tractor said:

When my ex left I had a visit to check I was of sound mind. I was put on antidepressants but still kept my guns.

a year later she was punched in the face by her boyfriend and he was locked up but they still rang me to inform me if we get back together they’ll remove my ticket.

i laughed and said no chance of that .

my mate got with her and kept his ticket  

I’m guessing you live in a very small village in the middle of nowhere? :lol:

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

Tamworth has 80,000 people in it :)  

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

The same can be said of your ex!

That's not nice, I bet she's a very nice young lady. 

Edited by Dougy