Cheap 20g OU

rich_morris

Hi, are there any of the cheaper 20g OUs that are better than others?

I'm looking for an inexpensive 20b for my son, probably with a junior stock, or cut down a bit for him.

Yildiz

Armsan

Revo

Huglu

KOFs

Or is it better to try and find a used Beretta/Browning/Miroku etc?

Any thoughts on these brands, especially any to avoid!

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Rich

I have a new kofs. Lovely gun for the money. Just a little stiff and a full stock. So is a little big for my 11 year old so then brought a second hand yildiz with a small stock and he’s getting on great with it. Both are a bit heavy as he’s a slight 11 year old but he’s hitting clays and loves to come to have his go on the training stand at the end. 

My vote for a starter gun would be Armsan 20 or 28 bore semi-auto, with junior stock in the kit..my 28 bore was sweet to shoot for lad or dad, on clays and vermin..check the reviews ? Amazing price too...I`ve also used a Revo 20 bore o/u..too heavy for kids, Yildiz..around 6 lbs, works well, but very tight if new, like many Turkish guns in this price range ? we`re now using a Lincoln premier 20 bore ( 30 inch barrels) bought used from a dealer, with case , chokes etc, nicely ` run-in`, for £450 ish..perfect..maybe 28 inch bbls might suit your boy better , but these are great for the money..Italian made, and again, check reviews ? As always, handle the gun before you buy, and pattern to give your lad a clear picture of impact ! We started with fairly open chokes on clays to build confidence, now find I/C and Mod work fine on our sub gauges..hope this may help . Lincoln weighs just over 6 lbs, Armsan just under ?

On 10/06/2018 at 16:50, Brookie2 said:

I have a new kofs. Lovely gun for the money. Just a little stiff and a full stock. So is a little big for my 11 year old so then brought a second hand yildiz with a small stock and he’s getting on great with it. Both are a bit heavy as he’s a slight 11 year old but he’s hitting clays and loves to come to have his go on the training stand at the end. 

Out of the two, which do you think is better made?

Had a look at  a Kofs today. Nice enough. Although I'm dubious about the longevity of the surfaces on the hinge joint? 

Rich

22 minutes ago, rich_morris said:

Out of the two, which do you think is better made?

Had a look at  a Kofs today. Nice enough. Although I'm dubious about the longevity of the surfaces on the hinge joint? 

Rich

The kofs I brought new but the yildiz is used. The latter is slightly better put together. But for the money the kofs is well worth it.