Air Gun Rifle charger

max151

44 minutes ago, max151 said:

Thanks for your timely reply popper ,but whats the contention with a 232 bar i would appreciate your opinion.cheers

232bar is probably fine - especially with a 15l bottle. A lot of air rifles only fill to 200 bar anyway, so you'll still get a lot of max pressure fills from the bottle. If it was only a small bottle 3l/5l) it might be worth getting a 300 bar bottle, as you'd be able to get more fills from the equivalent sized bottle. but a 15l one will give you a fair few charges!

1 hour ago, max151 said:

Thanks for your timely reply popper ,but whats the contention with a 232 bar i would appreciate your opinion.cheers

hello, many many years ago i asked the same question be it on another forum and had some replies better off with a 300 bar, so i bought this 232 12 ltr at £20, tested £50, filled my AA S410 22 for 3/4 years and sold the bottle for £50,sorry i was being a bit precocious, its an age thing:lol:  PS i now use a 2 x 4 ltr fixed looped bottles, but thinking to change my air rifle set up a FX vermy as i do not shoot much with this now, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, max151 said:

I have a 15ltr 232 air bottle and looking to purchase the filling fittings online.Any recomendations would be a great help.Many thanks.

hello, best fitting will do you a complete filling kit, guage/a long hose/ and get a quick fit to go on you filling adapter, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 3 months later...
On 11/06/2018 at 14:14, bruno22rf said:

Might also be worth considering that , if you mess up on filling, 232bar is less likely to blow your gun to bits than 300bar .

I saw a video from lane regulators on you tube, showing an overcharged rifle reservoir that had blown the seals out- the end of reservoir had kind of trumpeted out slightly. gun was useless but didnt explode. In One of Steve Shally's videos (AEAC channel on you tube)  he tried overcharging a rifle a couple of times I think he said, again- it blew the seals out but no other damage. I would imagine precharged guns are designed to fail as safely as possible, but I expect there is someone out there who knows someone that had a gun explode.