Greed..............

ditchman

£1.56/litre at a shell garage by Uttoxeter over the weekend. Fortunately it wasn’t me paying! Sainsbury’s Petrol station at Meole Brace retail park is the cheapest by me without going into town where Asda is usually slightly cheaper again. The petrol station on the Dobbies retail park is 2 minutes from the meole retail park and is always significantly more expensive to make it worth the 2 minute drive to get to Sainsbury’s. 

North Bristol ASDA is the cheapest around here with £127.7 a litre for diesel..

Unless you have a sports model that requires super fuels, save your money and if you have a loyalty card or a cash back card even better.

Vote with your wallet and put the pressure on the high charging wholesalers, its not always the fault of the small independent retailers, they have to buy at the price dictated to by the wholesaler.

Being now retired I sold my 4x4 and bought a diesel car which gives me up to 77 mpg (56 in town) from 25 mpg on a run with the Paj and a further

reduction in VED from £245 to £30 for its replacement, making me relatively immune from the price hikes which are going to be an ongoing problem into the future.

I do miss my Paj though.

Edited by Flyboy1950

29 minutes ago, 243deer said:

The greed lies fairly and squarely with our government

To some extent you are correct, but the Big oil companies and crude oil suppliers are under pressure from the rise of electric vehicles and they see that nearly all car manufactures are now going down the route of developing their own vehicles, and they can see the writing on the wall. Electric, in my opinion will not be the dominant force for a good many years, so they will make hay while the sun shines. As a natural consequence of this the Govt will make more revenue, which will help fund things like Education, the Health service, Pensions, Armed forces, etc etc. keeping personal taxation levels relatively low in terms of what monies they really need.

3 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

was told yesterday by a mechanic my e class will run perfectly on heating oil, 

haven't got the bottle to try it though

Ran my E on allsorts of special offer oil from the supermarket. No apparent downside , just more filters.

It's the equivalent of £1.15 at the French supermarkets at present. ( on our hols).

When it was last at £1.50+ in the UK, I used to happily run my then car, a Skoda  Fabia1.9vRS on 99p supermarket cooking oil with no problems.

I only stopped doing it when the cooking oil increased in price and the diesel dropped.

I might have to look at it again.

its strange how diesel prices £1.38 locally as it was a few years back        go up when government are yapping on about banning diesel and having electric cars (emissions issues) less emissions a petrol engine running on hydrogen only co2 from the exhaust a few years back lpg was the way forward hydrogen a possibility are we being forced towards electric cars what are they going to do with busses / hgv / trains /ships/ fishing boats /ferries /etc more emissions in producing and charging batteries which don't last    plenty of diesel cars on the road in excess of two hundred thousand miles trucks  and trains in their half million +   in my opinion car company's are getting a kickback from governments to produce electric cars  if global emissions are the problem lowest emissions were recorded when islandic volcanic eruptions took place and planes were grounded

Edited by Saltings

19 hours ago, Flyboy1950 said:

To some extent you are correct, but the Big oil companies and crude oil suppliers are under pressure from the rise of electric vehicles and they see that nearly all car manufactures are now going down the route of developing their own vehicles, and they can see the writing on the wall. Electric, in my opinion will not be the dominant force for a good many years, so they will make hay while the sun shines. As a natural consequence of this the Govt will make more revenue, which will help fund things like Education, the Health service, Pensions, Armed forces, etc etc. keeping personal taxation levels relatively low in terms of what monies they really need.

If you were a cynic you may think its likely more money going into our self serving MP's pockets! via expenses and foreign jollies! 

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

Shell fuel station Brundall

Regular desiel....£ 1.40/litre

1Litre engine oil £27.00

has your fuel station got "made up prices"................

Tesco in Yarmouth was either £1.27.9 or £1.28.9 for a litre of diesel this morning when I went and got my papers , a big difference from £1.40 out your way .

Pop over and give ole Billy Bell a look and fill up at the same time , win , win all round :good:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Tesco in Yarmouth was either £1.27.9 or £1.28.9 for a litre of diesel this morning when I went and got my papers , a big difference from £1.40 out your way .

Pop over and give ole Billy Bell a look and fill up at the same time , win , win all round :good:

havnt shot clays at billies for 2 years now....................

On 12/06/2018 at 10:32, ditchman said:

Shell fuel station Brundall

Regular desiel....£ 1.40/litre

1Litre engine oil £27.00

has your fuel station got "made up prices"................

Someone is taking the mickey.  1.29p at Morrisons yesterday.

Buy my engine oil from my local tractor sales/repair shop and they are not the cheapest but a lot cheaper than that.