Patio cleaning/odour removal

eddoakley

Any suggestions on how to freshen up the patio and dog run?

It's all cleared washed down regularly but as an area of it is block paving the smell gets into the sand and with the recent warm weather it's not very pleasant.

Usually use Jeyes and recently bought some "stable cleaner" which was ok.

Looking at trying sodium hydrochloride but the data sheet says keep pets away for 2 days so maybe not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edd

Enzymatic cleaners are required to get rid of the urine.  I’ve been told that these are found in biological soap powders, so a quick bucket of water, a healthy sprinkling of Bold or Ariel followed by a brush with a deck scrubber.  Leave it for a while and then rinse.  It makes your whites whiter and hopefully your kennel fresher.  The disinfectant sprays sold in pet shops for use after puppies have had accidents in the home are enzymatic cleaners.  They specifically neutralise the smell of urine, but these would be quite expensive if you want it for a large area. 

Our bins have really been unpleasant due to the hot weather and the other half constantly putting dog eggs in them which then bake nicely in the sun - got so bad that I was avoiding walking past them if possible but then bought some Zoflora from Poundland that I mixed up with 3 litres of water and wow-what a difference - at a squid a throw it's got to be worth a go and it smells really pleasant.

I use  biowash liquid on our paths were the dogs pee in a hosepipe diluter bottle or mix in a watering can and wash around. Usually 2 capfulls in a watering can.  Rince well after an hour.

Every so often put 5% bleach into a hose  bottle or mix with water in a watering can. Spray wash all  down. Leave for an hour then rinse well. Put old clothes on and wellies, bleach will ruin your jeans.

If its dogs that are in kennels and not allowed in house turn them out into garden wash the kennels and take them for a walk then rinse well before allowing back in.

Dogs should not be in contact with biowash or bleach solution. 

I use these methods to keep our garden paths, walls and patio fresh. I lock the dogs in the house while the cleaner is soaking in and then rinsed.

Check the concentration on the bleach as some have only 1% in. Aldi thick bleach is 5%.

The active ingredient in bleach is sodium hypochlorite.

32 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Our bins have really been unpleasant due to the hot weather and the other half constantly putting dog eggs in them which then bake nicely in the sun - got so bad that I was avoiding walking past them if possible but then bought some Zoflora from Poundland that I mixed up with 3 litres of water and wow-what a difference - at a squid a throw it's got to be worth a go and it smells really pleasant.

I flush dog eggs down the toilet.

The enzyme type cleaners are good. When we bought our house the previous owner had a cat that would pee in the corner Of the dining room. This went under the laminate floor and soaked in to the concrete underneath. 

Took the laminate up and splashed some cleaner round. That I bought online. Job sorted. 

Google will point you in right direction. Think I bought 5ltr for about 10 quid.