Cayo Coco Cuba

steve_b_wales

Not been to Cayo Coco so can't realy comment on that. But I will say the Cuba is one of my favorite places on this planet. We normally go around March and it is hot with no rain to speak of and some amazing people. Some of the best snorkling I have experianced. A great tip I got was to go snorkeling with a couple of bananas from the buffet and crush them up underwater when you are snorkeling the reef, fish came from far and wide.

45 minutes ago, scouser said:

When I was in Cuba,a lot of Canadians had their own large insulated mugs for the beer, because it was served in small plastic cups,

Not only Canadians, we do the same. It means I don't have to drag my lazy butt out of the lounger so many times and keeps the beer cold.

On 14/06/2018 at 16:32, steve_b_wales said:

Has anyone been to the above, and if so, what month and where did you stay.

All I can say is brilliant place, fishing is out of this world, the sea is like a hot tub, the beach’s are just mind blowing, and you have one off the ten wonders of the world there in plier beach ? 

5 hours ago, fse10 said:

Not going until next year in May & staying at the sol cayo coco. Looks very nice on google earth. Have brought a travel fly & spinning rod's as looking to have a go at the Tarpon, bonefish & the cuda's.

We stayed at the sol great hotel the staff are brill the food not the best. 

The fishing is unbelievable the hotel is in the middle of the mangroves.

out the back of the hotel you just walk over the bridge and you will see all the tarpon and bonefish under the over hanging trees. 

Do not fish light no little travel rod will hold them. You need a good 2 pound T/C rod with tackle to hold them. They are the best fighting fish you will ever hook, just watch the crocs.

the best bait is shrimp ? ask the chef he will get you them.

On 14/06/2018 at 16:32, steve_b_wales said:

Has anyone been to the above, and if so, what month and where did you stay.

All I can say is brilliant place, fishing is out of this world, the sea is like a hot tub, the beach’s are just mind blowing, and you have one off the ten wonders of the world there in plier beach ? 

5 hours ago, fse10 said:

Not going until next year in May & staying at the sol cayo coco. Looks very nice on google earth. Have brought a travel fly & spinning rod's as looking to have a go at the Tarpon, bonefish & the cuda's.

We stayed at the sol great hotel the staff are brill the food not the best. 

The fishing is unbelievable the hotel is in the middle of the mangroves.

out the back of the hotel you just walk over the bridge and you will see all the tarpon and bonefish under the over hanging trees. 

Do not fish light no little travel rod will hold them. You need a good 2 pound T/C rod with tackle to hold them. They are the best fighting fish you will ever hook, just watch the crocs.

the best bait is shrimp ? ask the chef he will get you them.

I stopped at the Sol cayo coco in March the hotel is ok , it cost £1700 for myself and wife for two weeks all inclusive . 

the beaches are superb plenty of fish about aswell .

be aware some of the hotels on cayo coco leave a lot to be desired the Pullman was excellent and the Melia very good ,I will be returning in the next year and the Pullman is my first choice