English Springer Spaniel.

steveshoots

Where are you located? 

Im picking up a pup in 2 weeks, spare dog pup (may have gone), well marked, £650. 

Dam OFTW Kilhopemoss Pepperpot (needs to win 1 more open trial to be FTCH). 

Sire FTW Barcudwen Spirit of Crispico - bred down the line from several Flaxdale dogs. 

Not sure if they’re be too hot for you? The breeder wants them to go to lds who will trial them ideally. I’m hoping I’ll be able to train mine well enough to have a run in a novice trial and see how I get on :) 

12 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Where are you located? 

Im picking up a pup in 2 weeks, spare dog pup (may have gone), well marked, £650. 

Dam OFTW Kilhopemoss Pepperpot (needs to win 1 more open trial to be FTCH). 

Sire FTW Barcudwen Spirit of Crispico - bred down the line from several Flaxdale dogs. 

Not sure if they’re be too hot for you? The breeder wants them to go to lds who will trial them ideally. I’m hoping I’ll be able to train mine well enough to have a run in a novice trial and see how I get on  

Thanks Lloyd but I am well on the way to getting my pup.I have to wait till the 8th of July till she's ready to go. off working parents liver and white lovely marking chipped and docked KC 

registered £600. Which I thought was reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, steveshoots said:

Thanks Lloyd but I am well on the way to getting my pup.I have to wait till the 8th of July till she's ready to go. off working parents liver and white lovely marking chipped and docked KC 

Sounds ideal, hope you get on well mate :) 

I saw loads of litters people wanting £800-1000 a pup and their parents weren’t anything special and didn’t really do that much work. 

Post pics of when you get your pup :) 

Really sorry to read of your loss - must be heart breaking. I am by no means an expert on ESS's but my dog ( a rescue, 8 months old when we got him) will follow all basic commands after the most rudimentary training but also flushes and retrieves to hand without any training to do so whatsoever - it must be in his genes? I would suggest that it's the dogs breeding that makes him/her special so buy after recommendations or reputation rather than price. We all believe our dogs to be the best - but mine IS :rolleyes: - I cannot imagine waking up in the morning and him not being there, best friend I've ever had by a long shot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2018 at 11:28, steveshoots said:

Glad you found a good one hope the training goes well. Obviously you can get help here but dont forget to keep your eye on the gundog training tips forum.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party on this one, I got my springer a few weeks ago now and whilst she's mad she is picking up training like second nature, she's doing really well with it. She's related to scoby270's lad. She Has a few 'KC champions' in her lines so I'm not surprised she's got a screw loose! You won't regret it 

1 hour ago, Hendrix's rifle said:

A bit late to the party on this one, I got my springer a few weeks ago now and whilst she's mad she is picking up training like second nature, she's doing really well with it. She's related to scoby270's lad. She Has a few 'KC champions' in her lines so I'm not surprised she's got a screw loose! You won't regret it 

How old now mate :) 

have you started doing much training? 

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

How old now mate  

have you started doing much training? 

13 or 14 weeks now, yes I've started training. Also starting her with livestock and various animals, she's used to rabbits and crows/pigeons and what not and will retrieve them if I throw them for her :lol:  the usual sit, stay, here and what not along with the whistle 

• 6 months later...
On 13/07/2018 at 15:38, Hendrix's rifle said:

13 or 14 weeks now, yes I've started training. Also starting her with livestock and various animals, she's used to rabbits and crows/pigeons and what not and will retrieve them if I throw them for her :lol:  the usual sit, stay, here and what not along with the whistle 

How are you getting on with the training Hendrix? :) 

On 05/02/2019 at 23:55, Lloyd90 said:

How are you getting on with the training Hendrix?  

She's coming on well, not out with her as much as I'd like as it's stalking season, have a dog for that! She will retrieve, she's well underway with hand signals, she will pick rooks and jackdaws, pheasants and rabbit. She will flush them from cover aswell. She's mad as a box of frogs but she's a lovely little dog. She got a ####ing last weekend though trying to go for a winged crow, it wasn't happy and she wanted it. The ears turned off until i grabbed her collar, moved her and put another shot at it to finish it. She also doesn't like sitting still for too long lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2019 at 13:37, Hendrix's rifle said:

She's coming on well, not out with her as much as I'd like as it's stalking season, have a dog for that! She will retrieve, she's well underway with hand signals, she will pick rooks and jackdaws, pheasants and rabbit. She will flush them from cover aswell. She's mad as a box of frogs but she's a lovely little dog. She got a ####ing last weekend though trying to go for a winged crow, it wasn't happy and she wanted it. The ears turned off until i grabbed her collar, moved her and put another shot at it to finish it. She also doesn't like sitting still for too long lol 

We’re still waiting for the pics mate :)