Dog walker in pea crop calls the police

ShropshireSam

I am not sure a Hushpower helps the situation you describe, as noise doesn't seem to be the issue, your presence was her problem.

As has been said, you behaved correctly IMO , so just carry on as you have been, I doubt she will bother you again.

I never have informed the Police prior to any daytime shooting activity. If its a sensitive area, I make sure the Farmer knows I'm there and just use my commonsense.

I always let the farmer know when im out shooting..

Used to ring the police but talking to one of them after getting pulled again, 

he said it did not matter if i rang or not if they got a call and there was a firearm involved they had to respond..

so stopped calling them let them come im not bothered its all legal..

I get problems with dog walkers all the time, can ruin a good days shooting, they have even accused me of using live birds as decoys before, it was just my flapper.

I have a few fields I shoot with houses close, but I will usually call round and let them know what I am doing.

i also have problems with dog walkers from local housing estate,,,this perm has no public rights of way on it,but is about one an half miles away from farm,so walkers stroll thro the  wood an round the tramlines,even had them walk thro my decoy patern,you just cant win with these numpties,so when i go squirrelin,i just fire off a round let them know i,m there,

agree with Jdog, when I'm shooting on my perms close to houses and footpaths the farmers have insisted i  always let police know, Northumbria police have a mobile number you just txt and get an instant reply, within half an hour with your log number no need to ring 101.this has helped me on several occasions police ringing me to ask my position on farm and if I have heard any other shooting in the area bar mine as they have received complaints of shots being fired when they know its me and shooting perfectly legal never had a problem they simply let the complainant know its a legal vermin shoot and not to worry.but when they called to ask if anyone was shooting other than myself  I told them someone was shooting on neighbouring land the chopper and armed response were all over it while I watched on.

things have changed over the years,we used to shoot right by a housing estate many years ago.and no batted a eye lid .no one came out to see us, no police turning up.how things have changed for the worst.not getting any better for us is it.and they were the good old days.

As regarding informing the police about shooying, We had the opportunity to clear a pigeon problem in the city ,it was a deralict building due to be  .

renorvated. The property was in the middle of town, so to stop any member of the pubic phoning the old bill saying they saw two men carrying guns into a building ,

I thought it would be better to call the police and put them in the picture, so if they had such a call they would be able to discount it .The police were very plesed we called and maybe prevented an armed respose.

We visited the property twice and each time informed them of the situation. We sucseeded in reducing the  intruders a bit.  Job done.

1 hour ago, OLDSHOOTER said:

As regarding informing the police about shooying, We had the opportunity to clear a pigeon problem in the city ,it was a deralict building due to be  .

renorvated. The property was in the middle of town, so to stop any member of the pubic phoning the old bill saying they saw two men carrying guns into a building ,

I thought it would be better to call the police and put them in the picture, so if they had such a call they would be able to discount it .The police were very plesed we called and maybe prevented an armed respose.

We visited the property twice and each time informed them of the situation. We sucseeded in reducing the  intruders a bit.  Job done.

I would do exactly the same in that situation, always used to inform BTP and locals when clearing pigeon with air rifles on the railway station.

On 15/06/2018 at 19:32, Walker570 said:

I agree with you stevo.  Eventually some smart alec will come up with the idea we should all report in before going about a lawful pastime.  Another situation where policeing has gone to pot. In the good days...notice I don't say 'old', your local copper would know what was about and have words with said 'lady'.  Been there, four years as a village beat bobby and it was my business to know the good, the bad and the ugly.  Your modern police wouldn't know where to start.

OR have the time to find out  ??

Ive been talking to an off road push biker today who seems to think that they can stray off the footpath (Yes I said footpath) if it's a bit overgrown with nettles and brambles. This path runs along side a nice bit of Muntjac shooting that I have, they have no care or conscience whatsoever, ignorance of the highest degree. 

Just like your dog walkers who really don't give a monkey's about anyone but themselves. 

1 minute ago, Westley said:

OR have the time to find out  ??

From what I hear, too busy ticking boxes and filling in forms for the heirachy to shuffle round their desks and discuss at the next meeting.  My boss would spend a couple of hours on necessary paper work then call a car up and go out on the streets with the troops.

I always let my farmers know when I am out.  I send a text when set up advising them where I am...so if they hear the shooting they know its me. (And if they don't hear the shots, then they at least know I have been out doing some pest control for them).  Pigeon numbers have built up again and I will shoot the field again later this week.  I may try calling 101 and see if I can link to previous log number ... that way if police are called again they will have my contact details.