Hello from stockport

Stephen-H

Hi everyone thought i would introduce myself to this brilliant forum im stephen from the stockport area recently got my shotgun certificate after having a go over the years at clay day experiences. I have been clay shooting for around five months now and love the sport.  A lad at my local clay ground mentioned the site as he goes out pigeon shooting in the summer months im hoping to tag along soon with him . Looking forward to reading up on the sport & hopefully get out and have a go myself! 

Cheers steve

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Welcome from an ex Stockport resident  -  which ground do you use?

Thanks everyone! yellow bear i shoot at the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass near glossop. Im going to try get to cold springs clay ground in buxton on the wednesdays evenings as they do a practise session through the summer months & the main shoot on the sunday morning .  The nearest ground to my house would of been the little mill shooting ground but it has recently closed due to legal reasons i believe. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Thanks everyone! yellow bear i shoot at the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass near glossop. Im going to try get to cold springs clay ground in buxton on the wednesdays evenings as they do a practise session through the summer months & the main shoot on the sunday morning .  The nearest ground to my house would of been the little mill shooting ground but it has recently closed due to legal reasons i believe. 

Webber's Shoot at Astley on Sundays is worth a visit (Check the events and meets section)

Try Catton at Frodsham practice on Wednesdays and 100 bird comp (you can do birds only) once a month on IIRC the last Sunday.

Both less windy than the Boar and within 45min drive.

22 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Webber's Shoot at Astley on Sundays is worth a visit (Check the events and meets section)

Try Catton at Frodsham practice on Wednesdays and 100 bird comp (you can do birds only) once a month on IIRC the last Sunday.

Both less windy than the Boar and within 45min drive.

Thanks yellow bear I will check them out .I was at the boar this morning didn't do to well tho on the clays. 

Do you do much pigeon shooting? The peak district is mainly pasture land I've found not many people grow on it I imagine the majority would be rook & corvid shooting and ferrals around barns etc.