flaying the flag

davewh100

just been reading the a young lad in a Morrison's car park in Rochdale with two england flags one ones you put on your windows was told to take them down as they mite offend someone you lad said there not racist and we should be proud and said if you go to Buckingham palace and ask the queen to take hers down he would too :good:

Maybe some truth to it, my next neighbour works for parcelforce, and they have told all their drivers that putting a england flag of any kind on or in their van will result in a disciplinary.

He says they claim its for health and safety reasons......:hmm:

Something I dont have to worry about as Ireland never qualify anyway.

Edited by fatchap

18 hours ago, fatchap said:

I Maybe some truth to it, my next neighbour works for parcelforce, and they have told all their drivers that putting a england flag of any kind on or in their van will result in a disciplinary.

Rugby union World Cup they will.

Edited by Mice!

Lots of opinions on this thread and some very interesting ones . Just to try and put this thread into perspective as how law and order has degraded over the years .  When I was about 12 years old I was caught by our local bobby riding my bike without a rear light . Believe it or not I was prosecuted and went to Norwich juvenile court where I was given a right roasting by the local magistrate and fined 10 shillings ,a whole weeks paper round money . My father clipped my ear and I was grounded for two weeks . I was made to pay the fine out of my paper round money .

i doubt if anybody on here can recall the last time any body was fined for riding a bike with out a rear light . Only trying to point out how the law and values have slipped over the years .

harnser

oops ,this post should be under the topic ,has law and order broken down in this country . Perhaps a kind moderator could move it .thank you .

Edited by Harnser

On 16/06/2018 at 02:52, fatchap said:

Maybe some truth to it, my next neighbour works for parcelforce, and they have told all their drivers that putting a england flag of any kind on or in their van will result in a disciplinary.

That's a bit different, I'm sure most employers wouldn't be happy if you covered work vehicles in flags or stickers, I know mine wouldn't. Either way im pretty sure this never happened...

Varying slightly from the original context, but still on flag flying, my neighbour had a large flagpole in his back garden that I found most useful when checking wind strength and direction for shooting purposes. However, he took it down for some reason several months ago, so I casually mentioned recently that I miss it. He did no more than pottered in his shed to rig up a means of raising and lowering the pole, somewhat similar to the means of lowering a boat's mast to get under bridges etc. He spent many hours welding up brackets etc so now the pole and flag are up and flying. What it is to have good neighbours. It is also good to see the Union flag and St.George's cross flown with pride.

OB