Lanber serial number

theboycalledleaf

Hi,

I appreciate this has been asked before, and I have searched the forum, however....

Can you date a Lanber Field from a serial number? I've contacted GMK but they can't find it on their database. It's a six figure number followed by gauge (12) and chamber size (70).

I'd also like to know if the model is correct as the checkering is different to other fields I've seen online.

I'll post some photos. Is it bad form to post the serial number?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20180611_215201.jpg

IMG_20180611_215207.jpg

IMG_20180611_215541.jpg

Edited by theboycalledleaf
Content

Hi, yes ducks, pheasants and I believe teal. It's a game gun, 12 gauge, single trigger, 70mm chambers, ejector and multi choke. I'm intrigued by the checkering on the forend as it's different to others, having a peak in the V of the grip. I've searched and searched and believe it can't be dated by the serial number, only the proof marks.

Shoots great, it's a keeper.

I think Spanish guns use the same date coding as Italian and that system existed before Lanber did. It's not done with the serial number so have a look on the barrels for a 2 letter stamp. It may be on it's own or incorporated with the proofing mark.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

I think Spanish guns use the same date coding as Italian and that system existed before Lanber did. It's not done with the serial number so have a look on the barrels for a 2 letter stamp. It may be on it's own or incorporated with the proofing mark.

Here's one side of the barrels

IMG_20180611_215310.jpg