Begara Folding Shooting Chair

Kingmoaner

Perhaps I should take on the OPs username, as I sent him a PM stating that I have a Bergara seat to sell and even suggested a meet at the Ragley Hall game fair as I thought that the cost of postage would be prohibitive. So far I have not received a reply, not even 'thanks but no thanks'.

Rant over, time for brekkie

OB

On 23/06/2018 at 07:39, Old Boggy said:

Perhaps I should take on the OPs username, as I sent him a PM stating that I have a Bergara seat to sell and even suggested a meet at the Ragley Hall game fair as I thought that the cost of postage would be prohibitive. So far I have not received a reply, not even 'thanks but no thanks'.

Rant over, time for brekkie

OB

Not just in the Trading Forums, but in general, this is on a particularly noticeable increase. Many now start a thread with a request for information or advice and then simply don't bother to post further. Currently, there's a fair few guys talking among themselves about pocket knives. I think I'm too old and don't understand the modern use of the media, but if this lack of courtesy is becoming rife throughout our sport and not just on the internet, then we could be heading for trouble in the long term - assuming we have one.

As you say, rant over, time for lunch.

Edited by wymberley

Rude people are simply that. No amount of cajoling will get them to alter their ways.

I sold a gun to a PW member this spring and out of courtesy some time later I sent him a message asking if he was happy with it and he never replied.

For a potentiallly dangerous sport that relies upon self regulation for its safety aspects, where the necessary conduct is underpinned by what on the surface appears to be nothing more than courteous or sportsmanlike behaviour, but in fact has become shooting lore because the underlying reason for that behaviour is safety based, not simply good manners and if over time that courtesy is eroded then so too is our safety.

17 hours ago, JDog said:

Rude people are simply that. No amount of cajoling will get them to alter their ways.

I sold a gun to a PW member this spring and out of courtesy some time later I sent him a message asking if he was happy with it and he never replied.

It is certainly annoying, particularly if you are showing an interest or attempting to assist someone.

However, I have generally found most on this forum to be genuinely good and honest people and I have continued correspondence with quite a few on the basis of a common interest.

OB

Gents 

I do not have the intention of being rude! The reason that I have not replied is that I have been out of the country for the past 7 days and havnt accessed the forum since then. 

Oldboggy thanks for the other and I am hopeful of attend  Ragley Hall just awaiting confirmation from a friend. What do you think the postage would be on the chair if I can’t get there? I understand that the chairs are around 3 kilo. 

Again I am sorry for the delayed response I had no intention of doing this as I know what it is like waiting for replies. 

Cheers 

roy 

This thread and associated PMs have gone a little quiet, so if anyone else is after a Bergara seat, I have one that's not being used. Please let me know before I put it in the sales section at some stage. The cost of postage of £13.40 is probably the stumbling block so it'll be a better buy if collected. However, I await a reply from Crazycooker who now has first dibs and can collect, but I know that he is very busy so I await his response first. 

OB