what time of day

shawn9914

Hi All

I have been out over some type of cover crop and I set up about 4pm as had jobs to do 1st gggrrrr

Anyway the birds were a little thin and I managed about 10 before 6pm then it went really qiuet and I only managed 3 more birds in the next 2 hrs so packed up 

This crop has been hit hard by pigeons and its a new shoot for me passed on by another farm I shoot on so I want to try and get a few for this farmer 

What time of day do you find best to shoot pigeons as I need to try and get up there again this week would I be better getting up there early ?????

Cheers LB

21 minutes ago, shawn9914 said:

Hi All

I have been out over some type of cover crop and I set up about 4pm as had jobs to do 1st gggrrrr

Anyway the birds were a little thin and I managed about 10 before 6pm then it went really qiuet and I only managed 3 more birds in the next 2 hrs so packed up 

This crop has been hit hard by pigeons and its a new shoot for me passed on by another farm I shoot on so I want to try and get a few for this farmer 

What time of day do you find best to shoot pigeons as I need to try and get up there again this week would I be better getting up there early ?????

Cheers LB

You are the only one who will know when it is best for you to go out. At this time of year I have had days with steady shooting from 9 till 5 (100 plus bags). Afternoon starts can also be productive. It is up to you to determine the where and when on your own patch.

17 minutes ago, motty said:

You are the only one who will know when it is best for you to go out. At this time of year I have had days with steady shooting from 9 till 5 (100 plus bags). Afternoon starts can also be productive. It is up to you to determine the where and when on your own patch.

This sage advice. 

I have been shooting mainly in the evenings because this is when I have seen them most keen to feed. This may not be the case where you are so get out with a pair of Bino’s at different times of day and see what is happening and when.

Best of luck and hope you find a few.