Gaming disorder?!

Benthejockey

4 hours ago, old man said:

G, That's down to the ability of the phones auto correct to make their conversations understandable.

Not if it's my wife sending it. She never actually checks the auto correct and some of the words that are substituted for what she actually means to say are hilarious.

2 hours ago, la bala said:

Another one added to list. On benefits, cant work I have a gaming disorder.

Ooooh don't get me started on that. Woman around the corner has been claiming some sort of benefit for her daughter since she was 5 years old (ADHD methinks) When the daughter reached 16 years old she had to be reassessed ......and failed the reassessment miserably as they decided that there was nothing wrong other than shear bloody bad manners.

Woman went ape and started ranting about how she was being picked on, as there were other people getting it when there was nothing wrong  with them ??????  eh!!!!

She is now consulting with her doctor to see if she can make a claim for Asperger's. She has actually stated that she won't give up until she gets the money reinstated for something or other.

World's gone mad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

In a way, we very much do, because their product is heavily taxed.

Ofcourse but the gaming / computer industry is also taxed. 

What I'm saying is we don’t make those industries directly pay for rehab type programmes so why would we for video games? 

19 minutes ago, Graham M said:

She is now consulting with her doctor to see if she can make a claim for Asperger's. She has actually stated that she won't give up until she gets the money reinstated for something or other.

World's gone mad.

Best bit is ,she will probably end up getting it too.

29 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Not if it's my wife sending it. She never actually checks the auto correct and some of the words that are substituted for what she actually means to say are hilarious.

Ooooh don't get me started on that. Woman around the corner has been claiming some sort of benefit for her daughter since she was 5 years old (ADHD methinks) When the daughter reached 16 years old she had to be reassessed ......and failed the reassessment miserably as they decided that there was nothing wrong other than shear bloody bad manners.

Woman went ape and started ranting about how she was being picked on, as there were other people getting it when there was nothing wrong  with them ??????  eh!!!!

World's gone mad.

I am glad there are other people on my wave length, thought it was just me getting old.

35 minutes ago, Graham M said:

She has actually stated that she won't give up until she gets the money reinstated for something or other.

Sums it up; It isn't about the child being ill, or needing special care .......... it's about the money. 

Personally I think if she has been claiming falsely since the child was 5, she should now have to pay back .......

Edited by JohnfromUK

50 minutes ago, Graham M said:

World's gone mad.

Assuming you reported it? Or did you say something to her? Telling her that’s fraud and stealing off the tax payer? 

I hope you have... sadly in my experience people are happy to complain about situations like the above but ‘don’t want to get involved’ when it comes to saying something or reporting it. 

20 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Assuming you reported it? Or did you say something to her? Telling her that’s fraud and stealing off the tax payer? 

I hope you have... sadly in my experience people are happy to complain about situations like the above but ‘don’t want to get involved’ when it comes to saying something or reporting it. 

Do you report your neighbours if you suspect they might be up to no good , every time ?
If I followed that course, Id never be off the phone.

Likewise, do you confront people who you might think are defrauding benefits ?
Get your car scratched, windows put out, kids threatened or maybe petrol through the letterbox?

Yes people do moan about it, but the alternative to that is doing something about it, and if the authorities wont deal with it, and you end up the local 'grass' theres a whole world of hurt out there for you.

If you are the type who isnt bothered about threats and violence, then I take my hat off to you, if you regularly confront and report your neighbours for their wrong doings, then good on you.

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Do you report your neighbours if you suspect they might be up to no good , every time ?
If I followed that course, Id never be off the phone.

Likewise, do you confront people who you might think are defrauding benefits ?
Get your car scratched, windows put out, kids threatened or maybe petrol through the letterbox?

Yes people do moan about it, but the alternative to that is doing something about it, and if the authorities wont deal with it, and you end up the local 'grass' theres a whole world of hurt out there for you.

If you are the type who isnt bothered about threats and violence, then I take my hat off to you, if you regularly confront and report your neighbours for their wrong doings, then good on you.

I’m not aware of any of my neighbours committing benefit fraud. 

However this is something I frequently come across from my work and yes I do confront people about it. It would be much easier to turn the blind eye and avoid all the grief, but that’s not the right thing to do is it? 

I also can’t see how the authorities can do something about it, if they are totally unaware? 

Maybe look into reporting it anonymously if your concerned about your safety? 

What wont help, is doing nothing and her going and telling her kids, family and friends how great benefit fraud is and getting them all on the bandwagon. 

No I haven't reported it................... how could I possibly prove anything if I did. Besides I live on an estate, and I am with Rewulf on this. At 67 years of age I don't want to have to move house because we ain't safe anymore.

The local pub is a haven for all the scum in the area and no decent families will go anywhere near it. One of the local pensioners complained about the noise going on into the early hours every Saturday night/Sunday morning. He had his bungalow window smashed and he and his wife were threatened. The council had to move them out, and that was just for complaining.

I always say hello to the youths on the estate when I take the dog for a walk, and as some of them went to school with my granddaughter I have become known to them as "an alright old man".

I'd like to keep it that way if I can.?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." But then again "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

5 minutes ago, Graham M said:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." But then again "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

You are probably wise.  I live in a pretty safe area (fortunately).  A few years ago, my garage and two neighbours garages/outbuildings were broken into and items stolen. 

The insurance assessor visited me as part of my claim, and he told me the police knew who was guilty, but as a large local(ish) group of criminals, wouldn't do anything because it would cause too much trouble, and they could never secure a conviction because if anything ever went to court, said criminals could produced numerous people who would swear on oath they were with them elsewhere ....... etc.  In other words - they are in effect 'above the law'.  And that was probably 20 years ago.

6 hours ago, Graham M said:

World's gone mad.

She will find someone to side with her and get it eventually, because the claimant never gives up and the system does.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

In other areas of the city but not in my area no ... 

Where do you live? Sounds a bit chaotic 

I live in a rough are of Nottingham, theres lots of rough areas in Nottingham !

The thing is, you can report whatever you like, even anonymously, but if it was a simple as that, there would hardly be any crime would there ?
The fact is, reporting neighbours for suspected benefit fraud is going to do what ? They would need to start investigations, costing money, on what ?
Because you THINK that they are claiming for something they are not entitled to?
You know thats not happening, unless they exit the house every morning wearing work clothes and get followed to a place of employment, youve got no chance.
The police arent interested in doing actual detective work when it comes to drug dealing and theft, they dont have the time or the resources to do it ,if they had the inclination, be too worried about infringing someones 'rights' or upsetting a minority, so they let them get on with it.

I live next door to a small time drug dealer, would I report him ? Not a chance.
I find it hard to believe the local police, (the station is 500 yards away), dont know what he does.
I could video him multiple times a day openly taking weed out to cars waiting outside the house, then what ?
Do you think they would pursue it? Even if they did, would they keep my name out of it , I cant take the risk with my kids living with me.

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You are probably wise.  I live in a pretty safe area (fortunately).  A few years ago, my garage and two neighbours garages/outbuildings were broken into and items stolen. 

The insurance assessor visited me as part of my claim, and he told me the police knew who was guilty, but as a large local(ish) group of criminals, wouldn't do anything because it would cause too much trouble, and they could never secure a conviction because if anything ever went to court, said criminals could produced numerous people who would swear on oath they were with them elsewhere ....... etc.  In other words - they are in effect 'above the law'.  And that was probably 20 years ago.

Absolutely.
Like the other 'law and order' thread, once they start thinking the law doesnt apply to them, 'cos they is BAD' youve got a serious problem when they up the ante.

Im not having a go at you Lloyd, but its not quite as simple as picking the phone up, and the problem will be sorted.
And people will come on here and bitch about it, because thats pretty much all you can do these days.

Interesting topic. I have to agree with Lloyd90. Gaming companies spend huge amounts making their games as addictive as possible, and it is suggested that the chemicals released and generated by gaming ( on whatever console you choose...including phones ) are very similar if not the same as those generated through extreme sports and other stimuli such as alcohol and drugs. 

We've all seen footage of apes and other animals rewarded for responding in a particular way; take away that reward or thwart the response somehow and they can go ape pooh.   Chemicals have been generated by behaviour and reward. It's no different for toddlers and youngsters, and in some cases adults.

There are documented cases of kids soiling themselves while gaming and not actually having been aware of it. 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Big gaming companies spend millions employing psychologists and designers to make the games addictive, especially to children... 

its not different to anything else, gives you a positive achievement and a reward feeling when you do it ... 

On part I would say the parents should have done a better job managing it before it got too bad, however there are plenty of kids with good parents who went down the wrong path so can’t see how it’s their fault fully ... 

Is this the same feeling I get when shooting grey tree rats.....should I approach my Dr for counselling?

Edited by Walker570

6 hours ago, Graham M said:

World's gone mad.

We live next door to similar. One child was diagnosed as autistic and was entitled to some kind of payment. After a year of pushing they had the other child classed as autistic which equalled more benefits. Now both neighbours are classed as carers and have given up their jobs. Both kids are very poorly treated and the results are not good for us, the noise and constant shouting are endless. Both kids do not attend school due to home schooling and are living a life of pizza and video games 24/7. And the Government is supporting it. I can't say anything to them as she is from Peru which makes me a racist, or so she tells me, and he runs from confrontation. 

Yep, it's a real delight living next door to that bunch.

4 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

We live next door to similar. One child was diagnosed as autistic and was entitled to some kind of payment. After a year of pushing they had the other child classed as autistic which equalled more benefits. Now both neighbours are classed as carers and have given up their jobs. Both kids are very poorly treated and the results are not good for us, the noise and constant shouting are endless. Both kids do not attend school due to home schooling and are living a life of pizza and video games 24/7. And the Government is supporting it. I can't say anything to them as she is from Peru which makes me a racist, or so she tells me, and he runs from confrontation. 

Do their kids actually have autism though? 

4 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

20 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Who knows, someone who is qualified to know says yes, but there is no physical or chemical diagnosis for autism.

Im not sure how old you are Lloyd ,but the term autism, was unknown amongst the plebs 30 years ago, ADHD only seems to have become fashionable in the last 15.

I know several 'stay at home mums' who have proclaimed their 1 year old children have 'autism' despite the fact that doctors say the test cannot be accurately done until a child is a least 3.
They know its extra benefit money if they can get the assessment done ASAP, so pester the doctor until he gives in, and confirms the parents diagnosis.

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Is this the same feeling I get when shooting grey tree rats.....should I approach my Dr for counselling?

Who knows? Could be......aren't they all linked to pleasure inducing chemicals, endosomething or other types when we do something which gives us pleasure? I get a huge kick ( adrenalin?) from decoying, especially when the birds keep coming in, to the extent I don't want it to end. ?

My sons suffering with it but the ex won’t stop leaving him for hours playing the things.

at my house he has I guess 1 hour a day in 20 minutes a time like at bed time and waiting for his tea . 

My boy turns up with black eyes and I’ve begged her to listen but she has custody.

after a day at mine he’s an amazing little boy but then he slips back after the computer at his mums.

51 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Who knows, someone who is qualified to know says yes, but there is no physical or chemical diagnosis for autism.

Im not sure how old you are Lloyd ,but the term autism, was unknown amongst the plebs 30 years ago, ADHD only seems to have become fashionable in the last 15.

I know several 'stay at home mums' who have proclaimed their 1 year old children have 'autism' despite the fact that doctors say the test cannot be accurately done until a child is a least 3.
They know its extra benefit money if they can get the assessment done ASAP, so pester the doctor until he gives in, and confirms the parents diagnosis.

I worked for 6 months alongside a team that went out and did the autism assessments. 

The vast vast majority of people got told they didn’t have autism.

Your GP doesn’t diagnose autism, it’s a much more in depth assessment and your right, a small child can’t be diagnosed with it as they won’t be able to do the assessment.