The Late Show.

JDog

Mighty Mariner has not met Clodhopper until this afternoon and he asked us both to see if we could shoot a few on some peas. The twist was that he wasn't going to be there with us apart from fifteen minutes whilst he came to inspect out set up arrangements. I think he disapproved.

We were set up by five in a difficult position with a strong cross wind and a bright sun illuminating faces and bare arms. In the first hour we shot eight, none of which decoyed. In the enforced absence of my semi auto I took my old Miroku. This is a gun held together with glue, baler twine and insulating tape but it fits me well and I managed to shoot a few decent birds with it. At 6:45 with not many on the score card pigeons came from all directions and decoyed well. In the next hour we shot 30 or so and we ended up with 44 shot but not quite all picked as Jasper is out of action and Clodhopper's old Labrador Mac just couldn't find the missing birds in mature rape, standing wheat and an overgrown ditch just behind us.

We left the field at 8:55. My dinner is in the dog and I am in the dog house.

Edited by JDog

That was a great hour of superb sport. Pigeons from every direction on a blustery wind. 

The old dog is willing but unable. He is now slumped in his bed dreaming of the retrieves he did manage.

The birds were carefully arranged Norfolk fashion for the photo.

4DCEB8A4-55C2-4F57-8392-0EC2E5B62C4D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

That was a great hour of superb sport. Pigeons from every direction on a blustery wind. 

The old dog is willing but unable. He is now slumped in his bed dreaming of the retrieves he did manage.

The birds were carefully arranged Norfolk fashion for the photo.

4DCEB8A4-55C2-4F57-8392-0EC2E5B62C4D.jpeg

You have made a very good of the Norfolk heap Clodhopper, apart from a couple of untidy ones on the outside the rest look nigh on perfick :yes:

Have your dog just ate Mr JDogs dinner, he look very pleased with himself, another pleasant evening sport under your belt, lovely old job. 

Excellent report of an evenings shooting, I can't imagine that Mrs JDog wears the trousers in that household she knows which side her bread is buttered would be waiting at the door waiting to serve her Master!!

The peas are very low and you should manage a few sessions in that field if you let them build up.

Well  done again and thanks for reporting.

32 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Excellent report of an evenings shooting, I can't imagine that Mrs JDog wears the trousers in that household she knows which side her bread is buttered would be waiting at the door waiting to serve her Master!!

The peas are very low and you should manage a few sessions in that field if you let them build up.

Well  done again and thanks for reporting.

The sport we had was second to none, as the birds banked round from behind on the wind. It was getting dark when we reluctantly packed up with some birds still coming in. The last time we did this JDog had to slum it in a local restaurant as it was getting late for his butler to start the evening banquet.?

36 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

The sport we had was second to none, as the birds banked round from behind on the wind. It was getting dark when we reluctantly packed up with some birds still coming in. The last time we did this JDog had to slum it in a local restaurant as it was getting late for his butler to start the evening banquet.?

The Butler serves the meal and attends on table, JDog is training a new Commis Chef as he prefers his game presented in a particular way!!!!