Scotland Firearms Amnesty

Laird Lugton

So we have a firearms amnesty up North and I am off to hand in an air rifle as I can't be bothered getting an AWC for it (legally allowed to hold it on my SGC at mo).

Had some happy times with that Air Rifle as my Dad and I used to shoot it. Sadly the bureaucrats are taking the fun out of everything.

What I have read ,Scotland is struggling to administer the air gun licensing thing . I think every gun owner south of the border should apply for a Scottish air gun licence ,just in case we want to shoot air in Scotland . Just to show how stupid this law is . Cross the border with a centre fire or rim fire but not an air rifle . What a, load of old tosh .

harnser 

2 minutes ago, Laird Lugton said:

.22 Sharp Innova, something the old man and I used to use together. Shame to see it destroyed so seeing as my SGC has a while to run until renewal I think I’ll stick it back in the cabinet and have a think.

Regarding sending an air rifle by post, it doesn't have to be sent to an RFD. (unless FAC of course) I posted one to a friend last year and used Parcelforce.

For the sake of a small fee (5 or 6 pds) have it put on your SGC when renewing.

Just now, tignme said:

For the sake of a small fee (5 or 6 pds) have it put on your SGC when renewing.

I have never owned an airgun but will add cert on when renewing in October.