Corner Shed - Mercia or Shire?

lord_seagrave

Hi chaps,

Looking for a 7’x7’ corner shed with double doors.

Wickes has got one by “Mercia” at £450, and one by “Shires” at £650.

Other than an extra window, is the Shires worth the extra money? It’s difficult to see what the difference is. :hmm:

What say you? Should I be looking somewhere else?

I don’t want to pay a fortune, but I also don’t want to buy cheap and buy twice.

LS

PS: if you’ve got any tips for how to simply increase the stability/durability/comfort/security of said  shed, I’m all ears.

22 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

PS: if you’ve got any tips for how to simply increase the stability/durability/comfort/security of said  shed, I’m all ears.

Clad it in two course of breeze block with cavity insulation and a tiled roof!

my shed is as rigid as government policy unfortunately and only some serious effort would improve it

Aren`t you handy with some tools? I made a shed to fit my garden as it has an acute angle at one corner and an off the shelf shed would have wasted the space. Mine cost @ £7-800 iirc and was 5m x 3m, osb for the two walls that face the fence and overlap for the rest, the only thing I bought manufactured was the door. I`m not a joiner and it took me 4 days or so with my wife helping lift n shift a few times

I Put a 7'x7'  corner one up earlier this summer, it's ok odd over nail but went together ok, tight on the felt ration but doable. (shire)

Have a look at shire garden buildings Sutton bridge, these are the manufacturer, your model could be cheaper direct.