Almost a waste not want not again......

Walker570

I purchased a very good band saw from teamtractor and went onto youtube to see a few ideas of how to use it. One of those was to make a round biscuit barrel out of a log.  I found a suitable spalted horse chesnut log and marked out the line I wanted to saw. You initially make and entrance cut then continue around your mark until a complete circle. The centre section then drops out and you can cut a 1 inch piece of this which will fit back into the base.  Got that far and had everyhting glued up, pushed the base in place and the outer shell broke in half .  The pieces lay there for days, weeks and then I had an idea. My wife collects original Beatrix Potter figures and one is of a badger.  I sanded and shaped the one half worked it down to a fine finish and oiled it. I drilled a shallow hole the same size as badgers base and with a course belt on, ground a flat so it would stand secure.  No need to say, loads of browny points as a result. Makes old brock look like he us just emerging from the wood.

A friend saw it and liked the idea so much I used the other half to give to her, so very little was wasted of the initial idea.   I still have to make the biscuit barrel. 

DSCF2135 (800x600).jpg