Don't come on here much now.

sitsinhedges

Nobody really cares I know, but I just wanted to say that since the format changed I hardly ever use this forum now. I used to be an avid poster but just find its current format user unfriendly so click on and usually go no further. I find the likes of AirgunBBS much more agreeable and easy to navigate. There, I've said it :whistling:

14 minutes ago, sitsinhedges said:

Nobody really cares I know, but I just wanted to say that since the format changed I hardly ever use this forum now. I used to be an avid poster but just find its current format user unfriendly so click on and usually go no further. I find the likes of AirgunBBS much more agreeable and easy to navigate. There, I've said it

Well your reloading advice is legendary, so hang in there.. PW certainly isnt as lively as it used to be..?

Far too long now your back and posting stay. It’s nice to read posts from people with lots of knowledge advice and being helpful. 

The new format is better than it was at the start when first upgraded, much easier and I’m finding things easier. Must have been a lot of work going on behind the scenes. 

3 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

Nobody really cares I know, but I just wanted to say that since the format changed I hardly ever use this forum now. I used to be an avid poster but just find its current format user unfriendly so click on and usually go no further. I find the likes of AirgunBBS much more agreeable and easy to navigate. There, I've said it

I'm sure if you were used to the old style it is strange, but it's lots easier now to post pictures, you have missed some great threads such as walkers knife auction and the making of it, with lots of pictures banter and stitches.

I'm on a couple of other sites but find PW much easier to use and find things.

Quite a few folk disappeared with the update, but some have come back.

Forum deffo seems to be less interesting over the last year or so - too many keyboard warriors and petty squabbles is just one reason I find it less entertaining. PW would certainly be a forlorn place without members like SIH and it can not afford to lose such talent - had the pleasure of meeting the guy once and his knowledge and skill where shot making is concerned is second to none - a really nice guy as well :friends:.

I have noticed that some "members" make absolutely no input to the forum about their activities or comment about anything, but regularly appear in the Sales or Wanted section and it would seem only use PW as an extension of their eBay account without the fees being incurred.?

Other than that yes it was trying at first, but the amount of knowledge given vastly outnumbered giving up on a very entertaining forum.

"Off-Topic" keeps reminding me that I am not the only one thinking like this.

I scour "Events" hoping for Durham/North Yorks events, mostly in vain.  Maybe I should organise one, something simple like a clay shoot.  http://teesvalleytargetsports.doomby.com/  have a couple of throwers,  maybe they would lend them out for a donation. Then all we need is a field, which I suspect is the hard part.

Reading "Trading post" makes me sad we don't have a Wabbitbosher here, mind you, I would have more guns than I could use.  Not a bad thing, unless the wife looked in the Bank. ?

I have been very late to shooting and seem to have missed the halcyon days of pistols, open countryside and a less terrified public.

One day I will get out and bravely defend the peas from the pigeon hordes, but I don't think we grow peas around here,

RS

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

Reading "Trading post" makes me sad we don't have a Wabbitbosher here, mind you, I would have more guns than I could use.  Not a bad thing, unless the wife looked in the Bank. ?

RS

We DO have a Wabbitbosher here?

:shaun:

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

"Off-Topic" keeps reminding me that I am not the only one thinking like this.

I scour "Events" hoping for Durham/North Yorks events, mostly in vain.  Maybe I should organise one, something simple like a clay shoot.  http://teesvalleytargetsports.doomby.com/  have a couple of throwers,  maybe they would lend them out for a donation. Then all we need is a field, which I suspect is the hard part.

I have been very late to shooting and seem to have missed the halcyon days of pistols, open countryside and a less terrified public.

One day I will get out and bravely defend the peas from the pigeon hordes, but I don't think we grow peas around here,

RS

11 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

We DO have a Wabbitbosher here?

Shaun, I think he means local to him.

Sitsinhedges we have appreciated your content in the past and we look forward to it in the future. Yes PW has become a little stale in the past six months we need to encourage new shooters to ask silly questions not to be criticised but to put in our penny worth. 

You get out of the forum what you put into it. I asked about reloading and lots of members sent me info some which was so off the scale it was untrue , then one shooting member sent me a simple down to earth recipe which I have tried and approved. It was worth all the dross just to get that one. I mistakenly thought I could reload cheaper that buy new, which I can not.

I religiously post my results so show what is achievable not to gloat, I'm not too serious and enjoy the banter which I take and give in a none malicious nature. Isn't that what the forum should be about like minded individuals communicating. 

Please stay with us and make some comments give us a clue if you can take a bit of stick and we will keep you busy.

I was requested to join another pigeon shooting on Face ache and all I get is personal messages asking where I shoot and can they join me. I have a strange relationship with my shooting buddy who is not into giving any information away and criticises others constantly but I've been with him for thirty years much to the amazement of his family . So I do enjoy PW to have a little feed back.

As a last point if you do not input you will not receive output.

Stay with us SIH.

Edited by pigeon controller

I am a member of two forums and a Super Mod on one. I watched on here for about 6mnths and was impressed with the way it was run, the friendly banter between members and a readiness of many to pass on their experiences etc.  I am impressed with how the Moderation runs the show ...been wrist slapped a couple of times when I strayed close to tolerances and that is how it should be.  I did not initially like the change in the way the forum was set up but now I have got used to it and have no problems.  No disrespect inferred SIH but you gets out what you put in and I know that in the past you have put a lot into this forum and it would be nice to see you back. 

7 minutes ago, JDog said:

I always have been disappointed at the lack of posts from pigeon shooters about their outings. If it wasn't for PC and the Eminems and just a few others the reports would be non existent. 

I don't know if they are embarrased to report their'failings' when they see the superb results by others.  I am hoping to get more days this summer and if I shoot zilch I will report the fact as boring as that may be.

Edited by Walker570

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I am a member of two forums and a Super Mod on one. I watched on here for about 6mnths and was impressed with the way it was run, the friendly banter between members and a readiness of many to pass on their experiences etc.  I am impressed with how the Moderation runs the show ...been wrist slapped a couple of times when I strayed close to tolerances and that is how it should be.  I did not initially like the change in the way the forum was set up but now I have got used to it and have no problems.  No disrespect inferred SIH but you gets out what you put in and I know that in the past you have put a lot into this forum and it would be nice to see you back. 

I don't know if they are embarrased to report their'failings' when they see the superb results by others.  I am hoping to get more days this summer and if I shoot zilch I will report the fact as boring as that may be.

I have no problem if a member shoots 5 or 10 in a session, my shooting buddy always looks at me when I lay out what he would class as small bag for a picture. We aim for a 100 bag and will not set up for less only accepting the frustration of a late set up after looking for hours.What we shoot is achievable. 

If they post a small bag we can ask the questions how many were there when you set up, joining birds, flightlines etc. We do things without thinking, we leave a field if it's not right, fieldcraft or knowledge.

As JDog post we need shooters to report not to feel intimidated that's why I'm on a forum to educate if I can.