Plane flight paths

old'un

This will bore the pants off some people but here goes.:oops:

Ever looked up in the sky and wondered what type of plane it was and where it was going, found this online site (amongst others) that track planes around the world in real time, and its surprisingly accurate, click on the plane and it gives you all the info…..https://planefinder.net/#

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

This will bore the pants off some people but here goes.:oops:

Ever looked up in the sky and wondered what type of plane it was and where it was going, found this online site (amongst others) that track planes around the world in real time, and its surprisingly accurate, click on the plane and it gives you all the info…..https://planefinder.net/#

Not boring to me. I purchased the 'full' version for £1.99 if I remember correctly. I once tracked a plane that some of my family were travelling on, from start to finish.

14 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I will never forget the " Lightnings " at the Gaydon air show on full reheat !!!!!!!

I knew one of the engineers who worked on the design specs for Lightning and he related a day when an American pilot arrived to fly one for the first time.  When he landed he was speechless and a mumbling wreck, had to sit down for minutes to regain his composure. he said it was the biggest kick in the seat of the pants he had ever experienced.  I am led to believe it can still hold it's own in a climb even today.

I must have a look at the tracking thingy , it would be nice to follow friends across the globe.

12 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

I will never forget the " Lightnings " at the Gaydon air show on full reheat !!!!!!!

When I was a youngster we lived on an RAF base which had lightning squadrons stationed there,

we had them everyday......

awesome sound 

:shaun:

I use Flight Aware to track flights that family are on. It's very good. 

On a separate issue, every commercial plane in the air is transmitting not only it's position, height and speed every 30 seconds or so, but also maintenance information.

Which is why the Company that logs that information knew several hours after being declared as "missing" that MH370 that was still flying, and they know where it is.

Sat in the garden the other morning and picked up the "SOUND" of a merlin engine incoming, well l wouldn't say it was flying low but every car alarm in the area went off, by the time l had stood up all l saw was a white silhouette vanishing at a great rate of knots.

Get them regularly across the area, just love that merlins sound.

3 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Sat in the garden the other morning and picked up the "SOUND" of a merlin engine incoming, well l wouldn't say it was flying low but every car alarm in the area went off, by the time l had stood up all l saw was a white silhouette vanishing at a great rate of knots.

Get them regularly across the area, just love that merlins sound.

I wonder what that was then, not aware of anything with a Merlin that is white. Very interesting.

The PR11 was at the RAF Cosford airshow last weekend

IMG_1707a.jpg

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Attachment of images