METAL DETECTOR, LASER POWER MAX 2 in GWO

oldypigeonpopper

hello, up for sale is my MAX 2, this is a switch on a go machine, runs at 12 Khz, for general all round field use and a fitted spider coil (better than a polo), can do DRY SAND but not WET,   i have had this a number of years and found some nice items, it was serviced by Pentechnics about 2/ 3 years ago , it needs a new battery holder £5 from Pentechnics although there are 2 and working taking 8 AA batteries, quality batteries are best, headphones included, comes with instruction book, IDEAL TO PAST THE TIME WHEN THERE A NO PIGEONS, £160 to include signed posting, any questions send PM 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 21/06/2018 at 19:21, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, up for sale is my MAX 2, this is a switch on a go machine, runs at 12 Khz, for general all round field use and a fitted spider coil (better than a polo), can do DRY SAND but not WET,   i have had this a number of years and found some nice items, it was serviced by Pentechnics about 2/ 3 years ago , it needs a new battery holder £5 from Pentechnics although there are 2 and working taking 8 AA batteries, quality batteries are best, headphones included, comes with instruction book, IDEAL TO PAST THE TIME WHEN THERE A NO PIGEONS, £160 to include signed posting, any questions send PM 

hello, it will also come with a digger spade if can pick up, 

Just now, spot on said:

grounds way too hard down my way  ..not getting out that often now... I have a deus full that might be putting on the market before long

hello, what way is that ? that should sell ok, i do not go out detecting much either but i shall keep my Garrett just in case, the MAX 2 is never used so thought someone might be interested on here, cheers

east devon inland from seaton  ..I let my lad use it at the moment he is s--t hot with it 18 with hearing like a bat ,,in his first year he had in excess of 260 hammered  4 gold rings including a 10 grm belter of a posy ring,, a quarter noble,, a third guinea and a upper gold denture plate ,he really has clicked with the machine .nice to know IF I decide to move it on there could well be a buyer on the forum.

P1020153.JPG

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, why cannot you get on with the CTX ????

First of all, apologies for jumping on your thread.

I started with a Safari and I can drive that blindfold after a lot of practise, but the CTX is a different beast altogether. Don't get me wrong here, it delivers and I've used it over the same ground as the Safari and it was surprising what extra bits turned up, but I expected it to work in a Safari-like manner and it doesn't. I should have changed brands altogether so that it would have felt like starting over and i'd have learned it better, hence the desire to go to the Deus. So, there's nothing wrong with the CTX, it's just a mental thing on my part, I guess it's a bit like shooting at something you don't particularly want to kill, if that makes sense?

1 hour ago, inthedark said:

First of all, apologies for jumping on your thread.

I started with a Safari and I can drive that blindfold after a lot of practise, but the CTX is a different beast altogether. Don't get me wrong here, it delivers and I've used it over the same ground as the Safari and it was surprising what extra bits turned up, but I expected it to work in a Safari-like manner and it doesn't. I should have changed brands altogether so that it would have felt like starting over and i'd have learned it better, hence the desire to go to the Deus. So, there's nothing wrong with the CTX, it's just a mental thing on my part, I guess it's a bit like shooting at something you don't particularly want to kill, if that makes sense?

hello, no problem, i had a safari and best out of all detecters i used, i never like complicated to set ones although it is a few years since i parted with the safari, and look now every other is computer based, like you i went over old ground and found much more than with the TROY i had at the time, must be a few years since i last went detecting due to my bad back, i think will see when harvest is cut and some rain to try the CS 6 M X i just bought for a song, Always look on the bright side of life:lol:  if you sell your CTX you should get a full set up XP Deus 

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

due to my bad back,

i think will see when harvest is cut and some rain to try the CS 6 M X i just bought for a song

Is that a PI machine? One of those wont help your back problems unless it comes with a mini digger ?

53 minutes ago, inthedark said:

Is that a PI machine? One of those wont help your back problems unless it comes with a mini digger ?

hello, no that is a Pulse Induction machine very suitable for wet salt sand and used by gold prospectors and can go very deep and yes most weigh far more  , my 6 MX they term as a VLF, the difference being is how the coils are made and the  electromagnetic field responds below the surface, the 6M has dials where your CTX is screen/computer type, what i liked about the safari it had some good basic programmes but also do your own, looking at your CTX and it it capable far better than the safari but needs careful programming, unfortunately not my forte.  

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, no that is a Pulse Induction machine very suitable for wet salt sand and used by gold prospectors and can go very deep and yes most weigh far more  , my 6 MX they term as a VLF, the difference being is how the coils are made and the  electromagnetic field responds below the surface, the 6M has dials where your CTX is screen/computer type, what i liked about the safari it had some good basic programmes but also do your own, looking at your CTX and it it capable far better than the safari but needs careful programming, unfortunately not my forte.  

The CTX is the dogs, I just cant settle with it somehow. I'll persevere with it for a bit

11 hours ago, inthedark said:

The CTX is the dogs, I just cant settle with it somehow. I'll persevere with it for a bit

hello, reading a lot of information on the CTX it has 4 set detecting modes a 6 you can make your own up, a bit like the safari and Etrac, my safari was set on coins/jewellery and i always used that even for a few goes on the beach, the FBS 2 Kilohertz system on the CTX is by far the best like have different detectors, if i were using one looking at the set modes i would start in coins and see how that goes, there are a few u tube videos and web sites that give out good programmes that you could put in your self, anyway good luck and good detecting, just to note with the safari i only relied on the tones rather than screen

On 21/06/2018 at 19:21, oldypigeonpopper said:

HELLO, NOW SOLD,