It's been a long day.

This morning l was woken at 04:00, see Corvid/Vermin for that little saga and after helping swmbo put away the shopping/contents of Aldi l was off out to see what was flying over on one of my permissions.

Today l was in possession of a Hatstand Xtream Max on loan from my RFD as my now not so trustworthy SX3 had thrown a wobbler (again) and was in hopefully this time to be rectified properly ? we live in hope ?.

When l set up the weather could not have been better, nice northwesterly breeze and plenty of sunshine, l was shooting over cut hay that was in the process of being baled and the pigeons seemed to have taken a liking to the area l had chosen and we're coming in a dozen at a time, l took the opportunity of using the already strung bales as a hide and settled down.

The first few shots and l was a mile off, Hatstands weight and length of barrel vastly different to the SX3, lop the same though so l'm sure l'll get used to it ?.

Next flight in and success ish 1 out of 3 hit and 1 with his tail shortened, ah well can't get any worse, just not getting the same feeling with this big gun as l've had with my own gun this past 2 years.

Birds continue to come in, l continue to miss, not getting on at all well today so decide to bring out the HMR from the car, move the decoys down the field and sit back and wait, might not seem fair to some but it has the same end product, although there's not any eating to be had after a hit from a 17g HMR bullet. 

Lets just say the afternoon improved immensely and every shot accounted for a pigeon, they had all landed by the way, the Hatstand will be going back in the morning, hoping maybe they have a nice o/u l can try out until my guns been revitalised.

PS.