Hastings insurance

billytheghillie

I insure SWMBO little Kia with Hastings. When renewal came in, it was up £10 from last year. I couldn't be assed to look around so just renewed it with them. About 10 days ago I got e-mail from them saying they had miscalculated the no claims bonus and overcharged me £53 and would send cheque. Well today cheque arrived for said amount. Well done Hastings.

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, Insurers with consciences, whatever next!

And the renewal premium going down. That's a novelty. Maybe Hastings are the only company that reward loyalty.

OB

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’ve just insured with them and they were £2-300 cheaper than anyone else plus they get 5 stars rating off customers 

But was that a renewal quote or were you a new customer ?

It seems pretty general that most insurance companies do not reward loyalty but only seem to quote cheaper premiums to new customers.

OB

7 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

But was that a renewal quote or were you a new customer ?

It seems pretty general that most insurance companies do not reward loyalty but only seem to quote cheaper premiums to new customers.

OB

Totally fresh policy as I’ve never owned a car until now. So no ncb or anything and £400 for a first. 

4 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Totally fresh policy as I’ve never owned a car until now. So no ncb or anything and £400 for a first. 

I hope therefore that they quote you the same or even a 'lower' premium next year as they did Billytheghillie.

OB