Clay ground fall out

kennett

3 hours ago, kennett said:

I will go and have a quiet word, and report back. Apparently it has been brought up by our friend/the paddock owner in the past but evidently not a lot has changed, although it could be different organisers since then.

If it has been mentioned and ignored then it would appear the organiser is not worried about anyone else. If as you say it has changed hands then you need to start a dialogue so that it can be sorted out.

I would visit the clay shoot and tell them it must never happen again. If they are in the middle of the shoot - tell them to stop until any potentially danger is averted. Failure to comply would result in an instant report to the Police.

If the shot / clays is actually making a mark, it could put someone's eye out. Totally irresponsible.

21 hours ago, kennett said:

I will go and have a quiet word, and report back. Apparently it has been brought up by our friend/the paddock owner in the past but evidently not a lot has changed, although it could be different organisers since then.

If this has been brought up before, there should be no hesitation but call the police.

If it was just the shot - you could be charitable and put it down to poor judgement of distance. However, the OP mentioned clays landing in the paddock. Clays travel about a quarter the distance as shot, so the clay shoot is way too close.

Get them told or shut down if they don't comply immediately and admit their stupidity.

Wasn't this an issue with whoever previously owned the ground AGL now run? I recall shot falling on the public paths and landing in neighbouring fields where they had a bike track.

As everyone said, have a strong word and report it if it doesn't stop. Bad enough it coming on somebody else's land, but hitting people\animals is taking the mick.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:22, Gordon R said:

I would visit the clay shoot and tell them it must never happen again. If they are in the middle of the shoot - tell them to stop until any potentially danger is averted. Failure to comply would result in an instant report to the Police.

If the shot / clays is actually making a mark, it could put someone's eye out. Totally irresponsible.

+1

Technically if you are hit by shot and it leaves a mark then you "have been shot" with all the legal implications for the person firing the gun. Its wounding and that is a criminal offence

Edited by Vince Green

One of the conditions for having a sec 11(6) certificate, is that the ground safety officer constantly monitor the fallout of shot and clays/fragments.

If clays are landing on someone else's land, the traps position and shooting direction are wholely inappropriate, and need to be rectified immediately by the safety officer, who then needs sacking.

I would just ...GET THE POLICE

Will soon be sorted..

At the best its a neusance at worst you your wife or your livestock gets blinded...just get the police

As this is what they would do if it was the other way around

Edited by psycho

On 26/06/2018 at 15:22, Rewulf said:

One of the conditions for having a sec 11(6) certificate, is that the ground safety officer constantly monitor the fallout of shot and clays/fragments.

If clays are landing on someone else's land, the traps position and shooting direction are wholely inappropriate, and need to be rectified immediately by the safety officer, who then needs sacking.

^^^ This.....we actually pay rent on fields we never use but the shot SOMETIMES lands there.

when our section 11(6) was renewed a couple of years ago the FEO turned up with a rangefinder to check distances.

Strangely they don’t check every year but we have been there long enough that they have everything on record.

Of course the person running the ground in question may not have a section 11(6) and only shoot 28 days or less a year negating the need for planning.

:shaun:

On 27/06/2018 at 22:54, shaun4860 said:

^^^ This.....we actually pay rent on fields we never use but the shot SOMETIMES lands there.

when our section 11(6) was renewed a couple of years ago the FEO turned up with a rangefinder to check distances.

Strangely they don’t check every year but we have been there long enough that they have everything on record.

Of course the person running the ground in question may not have a section 11(6) and only shoot 28 days or less a year negating the need for planning.

I don't think they will have then, they only shoot Thursday evenings spring to Autumn. Unfortunately work got in the way last night and I didn't make it over there for a chat

• 2 weeks later...