Brexit airbus now BMW

blackbird

The people in this country drive me mad sometimes Airbus & now BMW are now threatening to leave the UK after Brexit, people are now starting to flap about there jobs don’t they realise when we ship all the east Europeans back there will be plenty of jobs picking spuds in this country. Call there bluff I say.

Edited by blackbird

When you consider the number of companies that were bribed to shift production out of the UK with EU financial grants before Brexit happened these two are nothing BMW Minis are only assembled here now anyway. 

https://janetteheffernan.blogspot.com/2016/06/brexit-list-of-uk-companies-no-longer.html

when your read that and you see the EU has offered financial inducements for companies to move production to places like Malaysia and the Far East you have to wonder what the heck is going on. Is there a deliberate policy to weaken the UK economy like it has with Italy, Greece and Spain? 

Edited by Vince Green

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Airbus & now BMW are now threatening to leave the UK after Brexit.

Not the full picture...

It's a conditional statement based on a 'no deal' scenario.

We've carried out a study of this worst case scenario, and for some businesses it would be truly grim ... so not surprised at all.

Let's hope we get some sort of a deal.

we supply to airbus and were warned before the vote that airbus would look at taking there work out of the UK if the vote wasn't remain, if they could get the level of quality done cheaper in France then they would already have taken the work elsewhere.

Air bus industries are just up the road from me and they have been building a new wing design and test building at the side of the airfield  for about a year now. The cost of this building is in the region of £40M  I cannot see them dumping the project to start all over again in Europe somewhere unspecified, it would put them in a very difficult situation with Boeing in America snapping on their heels in direct competition  IE the Boeing Dream Liner verses the A380 Airbus. Air bus I am sure can remember when the Concorde project came to an end here and the manufacturer had to lay off huge numbers of very skilled aircraft engineers only to have problems finding new engineers to retrain when they started the latest range of aircraft . More posturing from those who don`t really know. I seem to remember Mark Carney  (head of the Bank of England) saying what a terrible thing it would be and he is having to eat his words now. What about all the big financial houses saying that they would all be going to Europe, they are still here along with their staff.

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

when we ship all the east Europeans back there will be plenty of jobs picking spuds in this country. Call there bluff I say.

Precisely the problem. Getting rid of well paid jobs people want in exchange for badly paid ones they don't. 

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

Air bus industries are just up the road from me and they have been building a new wing design and test building at the side of the airfield  for about a year now. The cost of this building is in the region of £40M  I cannot see them dumping the project to start all over again in Europe somewhere unspecified, it would put them in a very difficult situation with Boeing in America snapping on their heels in direct competition  IE the Boeing Dream Liner verses the A380 Airbus. Air bus I am sure can remember when the Concorde project came to an end here and the manufacturer had to lay off huge numbers of very skilled aircraft engineers only to have problems finding new engineers to retrain when they started the latest range of aircraft . More posturing from those who don`t really know. I seem to remember Mark Carney  (head of the Bank of England) saying what a terrible thing it would be and he is having to eat his words now. What about all the big financial houses saying that they would all be going to Europe, they are still here along with their staff.

Three things

£40 mill is easily ‘written off’ or offset on relocation costs (individual Countries tax laws vary of course) 

Dreamliner is not a direct competitor for the 380, the 747-800 is.

Finally, large Corporations and the Financial institution haven’t pulled out as nothing is finalised. Once all negotiations are done, that’s when we will find out the true picture

By the way most of you speak with vast volumes of knowledge I’m surprised you not on Alan Sugars Xmas card list

More hot air! The sooner we're out the better, of course there will be winner's and loosers from a hard brexit and I feel terrible for anyone losing, but in the long run I beleive the country will be far better off, I genuinely hope the EU continue to be unreasonable in the negotiations thus forcing a clean/hard brexit as I don't beleive May has the stomach to do it of her own accord.

39 minutes ago, walshie said:

They said the sky would fall in the day after we voted leave. It hasn't.

I don't believe one word these scaremongers are foisting on us. 

We’ve not left yet........  

What happened to easyjet?  All aircraft are now (or will be) registered in Europe.

(before you attack me with a shiv, I was remain and now I’m lost along with most of the uk)

Edited by markm

52 minutes ago, markm said:

We’ve not left yet........  

What happened to easyjet?  All aircraft are now (or will be) registered in Europe.

(before you attack me with a shiv, I was remain and now I’m lost along with most of the uk)

But the point is the remain camp stated as soon as the leave vote won all manner of doom and gloom would immediately begin which of course has now been proven to be a lie, hence why should we beleive any of their predictions? Have some faith in this country, we need the EU far less than they need us.

31 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

But the point is the remain camp stated as soon as the leave vote won all manner of doom and gloom would immediately begin which of course has now been proven to be a lie, hence why should we beleive any of their predictions? Have some faith in this country, we need the EU far less than they need us.

Hear hear!

5 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Three things

£40 mill is easily ‘written off’ or offset on relocation costs (individual Countries tax laws vary of course) 

Dreamliner is not a direct competitor for the 380, the 747-800 is.

Finally, large Corporations and the Financial institution haven’t pulled out as nothing is finalised. Once all negotiations are done, that’s when we will find out the true picture

By the way most of you speak with vast volumes of knowledge I’m surprised you not on Alan Sugars Xmas card list

Isn't the 747 coming to the end of production or did i imagine that?

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Being in the EU is proven.  Remember the 1970s. Strikes. Power cuts. 3 day eorking week. 98% tax etc.  Predictions are what Brexiteers gave us of a vision promised land. (and £350m)

But like it or not that what was decided has been. We have now shot our bolt and need to get on with it and make sure we don't get screwed. Otherwise I really am not looking forward to a career change from technolgy to Crop picking.. but hey ho. 

The EU is corrupt to the core. 

I had this discussion with a particularly patronising remainer last week.  She told me leavers didn't know the full facts, like she was somehow privy to secret information the plebs weren't. If there WAS any information, you can be sure it would have been rammed down our throats long ago.

What we did have rammed down our throats was all threats and hearsay. The EU has shown how nasty they get when they don't get their own way. I for one am glad to distance myself from these self-serving hypocrites. 

Edited by walshie

10 hours ago, Paul1440 said:

Being in the EU is proven.  Remember the 1970s. Strikes. Power cuts. 3 day eorking week. 98% tax etc.  Predictions are what Brexiteers gave us of a vision promised land. (and £350m)

But like it or not that what was decided has been. We have now shot our bolt and need to get on with it and make sure we don't get screwed. Otherwise I really am not looking forward to a career change from technolgy to Crop picking.. but hey ho. 

Do you really beleive all the issues you've mentioned above were because we weren't in the EU and were miraculously solved by joining? 

10 hours ago, Paul1440 said:

Predictions are what Brexiteers gave us of a vision promised land. (and £350m)

As for the £350m, Mrs May just promised to boost NHS spending by over £380m per year over the next 5 years i beleive, thanks in part to Brexit, so maybe that bus wasn't too far off after all, it was certainly more honest than spending 9 million (More than the entire 7million campaign budget each side was allowed) on a leaflet drop to every single house in the country.