Different Hawke Scopes

Lloyd90

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello steve, ok thanks, i was just informed with this N/V an AO is suitable,

It is mate, only difference is that you have to adjust the parallax at the end of the scope, whereas a side focus one makes the job slightly easier. I use both types with my NV add on, but I will say that the SF one gives a more precise adjustment.

6 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

It is mate, only difference is that you have to adjust the parallax at the end of the scope, whereas a side focus one makes the job slightly easier. I use both types with my NV add on, but I will say that the SF one gives a more precise adjustment.

hello, i can see your point steve, shame i cannot use the Hawke rimfire scope on my 455 now, anyway got to save up for the add on:rolleyes:

A lot of the NV types who use digital add ons really rate the sidewinder range from Hawke with the added bonus that they are pretty good day scopes as well being towards the top end of the Hawke Range. Personally with a Ward D 700 I am currently running a 4-16 Eclipse which is working really well. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i can see your point steve, shame i cannot use the Hawke rimfire scope on my 455 now, anyway got to save up for the add on:rolleyes:

Some (most) NV add ons will still work with a non parallax scope, you may just find that the reticule is not as clear. I would advise trying it first before changing/buying another scope.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Some (most) NV add ons will still work with a non parallax scope, you may just find that the reticule is not as clear. I would advise trying it first before changing/buying another scope.

That’s a relief as my Meopta on my 243 doesn’t have any sort of AO 

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Its well worth trying a non PA scope for air and rimfire ranges first - you might drop lucky and not need to change it.

AO adjustments are easier like this once you have a cable tie coupling in the correct 'phase / position'  

Cable ties are a good idea. Personally, I use a fishing coaster, which does the same job, but not as cheap.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Its well worth trying a non PA scope for air and rimfire ranges first - you might drop lucky and not need to change it.

AO adjustments are easier like this once you have a cable tie coupling in the correct 'phase / position'  

That’s brilliant, thanks!

I don't have NV but do have three side adjust Hawkes and at the moment use them on my air rifles and 17HMR. They are so much easier to adjust than having to reach forward to the front, even though one of them does not have a big wheel...at the moment.  As said i cannot comment on their suitability for NV.